Chapter Eighteen

I escorted Tanya and one other woman to Eugene's room. I waited outside while they talked. It took a while before they all came out and Eugene looked complete uninterested in the women.

"You three done?" I smiled at them and they nodded.

"We are going to our rooms, Eugene wanted to walk us." The red headed woman smiled at me. I nodded and extended a hand so they walked past. I followed behind the group and pulled another note out of my pocket, one I had written after the one I gave to Reagan. I handed it to Tanya discreetly. She swallowed and held onto it. It was instructions.

If I disappear I'm asking you do somethings.

1. Make sure Noah is safe and taken care of.

2. Make sure Shane isn't stupid, make him eat, get out of bed, don't let him get the iron to his face.

3. Whatever you do, do not let Shane leave to come look for me.

4. Once Negan notices I'm gone I want you to talk to Reagan, make sure she delivered the note to Shane. Check with Shane as well.

I'll be back to get you and the other gals safe. I promise

Once Eugene and I walked the girls to their rooms we took a detour outside, to get some fresh air. He looked nervous and distraught.

"Eugene, you better not have done something." I stopped with him at the fence. I looked over and saw something move, I didn't think much of it and paid attention to Eugene again.

"I am Negan. As you should be too. You, Noah, and Shane would both survive better that way." Eugene kept looking straight. I turned towards him and huffed.

"Not for a single second will you even think about what is best for me and my husband. Let alone my child." I took a deep breath but, it was interrupted by the door opening. I drew my gun. It was just another guard checking perimeter.

"You two should be inside." The guy raised an eyebrow at us, then before he could say anything else he was drop dead on the ground. I held
My gun up looked the other direction.

"Eugene get behind me. Slowly back toward the-"
I dropped my gun to see Rosita and Sasha trying to get the gate open. I stopped and smiled. I rushed over to them. "I knew it."

"We're gonna get y'all out." Rosita smiled at me. I beamed in excitement. "Can you get Noah?"

"No, it's fine. I covered my ass. Eugene lets go." The gate was cut open and I stepped through the whole. I smiled at my freedom. I turned and saw Eugene closing the gap from the other side.

"Go. I did not ask to be rescued nor did Y/n ask. Now y'all better go before guards come. Y/n, Noah will be fine. Now go." Eugene stood up and turned around walking right inside the building. Sasha and Rosita didn't speak they just pulled me along. I looked back, but I ran with them. Leaving Noah and Shane behind, it hurt me, but I've been planing to leave since the minute I showed up. The last thing I want is to be stuck in a place where I wanna blow out my brains every second of each day. Rosita, Sasha, and I got to a car about a mile out. We drove to hilltop, my ears were flooded with questions the entire ride. When we got to Hilltop Sasha and Rosita lead me to a trailer, when we went inside it only had Maggie and Enid in it.

"Y/n?" Maggie looked at me and stood up smiling. She quickly took me into a hug and I smiled.

"Hi, how are you?" I pulled back and put my hand on her stomach. She smiled bright and then thought for a moment.

"I'm alright, but let me go grab something for you." Maggie nodded at Enid and then left the trailer.

"Enid, come here." I smiled and hugged Enid. She hugged back. "How are you sweetie?"

"I'm okay, have you been back to Alexandria?" Enid looked up at me with a smile and I shook my head no.

"Not yet, I am a small secret right now." I chuckled and heard the door open behind me, I figured it was Maggie and whatever she was bringing me back. I saw Enid step back and smile big looking behind me.

"Y/n." I turned around at Maggie's voice and was face to face with Daryl. I didn't know what to do, say, or think.

"You're- you- hi." Daryl was just as in shock as me. I smiled, laughing a bit, and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. He hugged back.

"You're safe. You. Are. Safe." I teared up and we hugged each other, for a while too. We all slept in the trailer together that night.

— — —
Days later, the Saviors finally came though Hilltop.

"Y/n! C'mon!" Maggie yelled and I grabbed my gun and rushed with Daryl and Maggie down to the cellar. Daryl pushes back the shelf and pushed Maggie and myself inside. He quickly joined us and I crouched down the lowest. We'd received a letter that Negan has been searching for us like crazy, he'd flipped almost every house in Alexandria. We figured he'd come to Hilltop looking at some point, so far, they hadn't. We sat in the cellar for hours, Enid finally came and told us when it was safe. It took a while but, eventually it happened.

"We can't stay here any longer. I can't, what if one time I sneeze or cough. I'll just turn myself in. Go see Shane, Noah, and then we would be-" My ranting was stopped by Daryl's hand over my mouth. I looked at him and he smiled.

"We'll figure something out. Rick is supposed to be at that 'Kingdom' place figuring out what the plan is." Daryl dropped his hand and looked at me before dropping his gaze. "Think Shane will be mad?"

"Oh, of course he will be. There is no think. He is probably plotting my slow death as we speak." I smiled and shrugged. Daryl laughed at me. We all took a deep breath and looked at each other.

"I think we need to find somewhere... safer. For you two. By myself, I will be fine." Maggie looked at us and sighed. "All three of us can't be together, it's not practical nor is it safe."

"You're right. One of us needs to be at each community, one is easier to hid than three." Daryl agreed and looked at Me.

"Maggie, Hilltop. Daryl, the Kingdom. I'll stick with Alexandria. I know my way around people better than anyone. I've been doing it since I was a baby." I looked between the two of them.

"We need to clear it with Rick." Enid stepped in on the conversation. I smiled and nodded.

"My father, he is the softest nut to crack. I'm not worried. He'll be back by tomorrow. That's when we talk to him." I nodded. Sasha and Rosita stood close.

"For now we stay put," Maggie bit her cheek then looked at Rosita. "You and Sasha need to keep a look out, but if we see Saviors then you need to not be spotted. Got it?" Maggie looked at them and they nodded.

"We can help too." I pointed at Daryl and then myself. Maggie smirked a bit.

"You two will be in the house, we need to be prepared for all situations when they happen. In Gregory's office there is a bookshelf you can hide behind. Don't shy to far away from it until Rick gets back. I have a feeling today isn't our last visit from the Saviors for a while." Maggie looked at me with a great big smile. I nodded and grinned.

"Lets do this." I high fived Maggie and Enid. We all wore winning smiles. There is nothing more important than winning this war.