Chapter Two

The next day Shane and I stuck around the Motel, figured if we did might have a chance of them finding us. If we're lucky. Of course I have my doubts of if they are still here or if they have become apart of the reanimated corpses wandering around.

"Shane, I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick." I smiled as I held my bag close, we were getting ready to clear out a few more rooms. Look for fomula and supplies.

"Alright, I'll go check ouside make sure nothing gets the jump on us." Shane smiled and I turned towards the bathroom. I opened my bag and searched rapidly for the test. The pregnacy test. I put it in the bottom of the bag so it wouldn't fall out, but it was gone. I left the bathroom and looked around. Maybe it had fallen somewhere.

"Hey, Shane!" I called out and opened the door. "Did my bag fall this morning? Or even yesterday?" I looked out and Shane was sitting in the car with the door open. He looked down and then back up. I walked to the car to see the test sitting in his hand and confusion written all over his face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Shane sighed and handed it to me.

"I wanted to be sure," I took the box and put my free hand ontop of his. "I wasn't going to be silent about it. Maybe I'm just getting old and its being weird. I don't want to alarm you." Shane smiled and looked down.

"So, I might end up with two children in this world?" Shane cracked agreat big grin and we both laughed. I nodded.

"Maybe. Now, I don't want to sit here all day. Lets go clean out some rooms." Shane stood up and I tossed the box onto the seat of the car. He shut the door and we went to the apartments upstairs first. The stairs were creaky and worn down, with every step the creaking grew louder and louder.

"I don't think these steps are safe, they hold too much weight they'll collapse underneth us." I looked at Shane who was ahead of me as he circled around the railing.

"Let's just hope we don't get trapped, if that happens I'm pushing you down the stairs and I'll hop over the ledge." Shane smiled child-like at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Each take a room?" I suggested. Shane nodded and I worked my way to the end. Once at the end we both did our normal, five sets of three. We held up fingers so we would stay in sync. "Dresser, nightstand, under the bed, bathroom, out. Go quick don't enter another room until the other comes out."

"Alright. One." Shane held up his hand with the number one and we both knocked. He held up his second finger and we knocked again. This time something came to my door. I smiled, we finished the set and I kicked in the door. The walker that was inside was thrown back and on the ground I ran over and quickly stabbed her in the head. I turned around and saw another walker coming straight for me I stood up and backed to the wall he lunged at me and I moved out of the way causing him to slam directly into the wall and a chunk of his head was smashed in, he fell to the ground. To be safe I stabbed him anyway. I did the plan, dresser, nightstand, under the beds, and then the bathroom. The door was already open to the bathroom so I wasn't worried about checking. I looked through all the drawers and nothing. The room was empty, I checked the pockets of the walkers- they didn't look like they'd been here for more than a month. I sighed and found only some bullets and a wallet. I decided not to look at who the wallet belonged to, it would just depress me. When I left the room Shane was standing by the door.

"Why aren't you waiting on that end?" I glared at Shane and he smiled.

"Well, I found this." Shane held up a beautiful gold necklace, I was stunned. It was slightly bloody and dinghy but I only cared about the thought. "Turn around, let me put it on you." Shane smiled and I obliged and let him. Once it was on I couldn't help but grin like a little kid.