Chapter Nine

The next day, Daryl left once again. Out looking for Beth. Shane and I had the entire church to ourself, Dad, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, and Sasha went out with Gabriel to look for supplies. Tyrese was like a ghost. He took care of the kids and was never around. Shane and him had a conversation earlier and the next thing I knew my son and sister were out with him and Carol. I shrugged it off, it was normal. Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene were out with Daryl, they really just did whatever.

⚠️⚠️
"Y/N!" Shane called me into the back room after I had been in the church scrubbing the floors all morning. My hands were soaked in the dead's blood and some of my peoples.

"Yeah?" I called back to Shane and stood up. I stretched my back and walked towards the back room.

"Come here. I have to show you-" I entered the room halfway through Shane's sentence. When I looked in the room there was a mattress with candles lit everywhere. Shane was dressed in a nice shirt and pants. I was in awe. "You came quicker than I expected, well, y/n. I uh, well, I didn't do this properly the first time so let me do it again. Give me your hand."

"What? N-" I was cut off my Shane taking my hand, and slowly pulling of my ring. I scowled. "Shane Walsh you better-"

"Shh, now let me get my redo." Shane took a knee in front of me. With the ring in hand. "Y/N Y/M Grimes-Walsh, but for right now just Grimes. Would you, do me the honor of-"

"Yes, Shane I wouldn't have said yes the first time if I -" I interrupted Shane and he gave me the death glare.

"Stop interrupting me and just listen. Y/N Y/M/N Grimes, I have loved you since the day I met you. That love started out as a daughter, then I found myself seeing you as more. Each day I fell more and more in love with you. Eventually, I lost the grip on reality and I made you mine. From the second I kissed you to this very second, in counting, I have loved you. I still love you. I will always love you. Now I didn't do this right the first time, but here I am a second time trying again. Would you do me the honor of marrying me a second time?" Shane started to tear up. I'm sad to say he wasn't the only one. I stayed silent and Shane looked at me and shook his head. "Are you staying silent because I-"

"Yes. Shane. For the fucking second time yes. And to answer question number two, yes. I waited until you started to talk again before saying yes." I held out my hand and Shane slipped the ring back on my finger. Before I could say anything else I was swept off my feet and into Shane's arms. He planted kisses all over my head and neck. "Shane!" I laughed out his name and he laid me down on the mattress.

"Shush. I haven't got to sleep with you in more than ten months. So, I'm going to be slow and devour every single inch of you." Shane grinned at me while he looked me up and down. He pulled his bottom lip into his mouth and took a deep breath.

"You lock the door? Or you send everyone out for the day?" I questioned Shane as I sat up in my elbows. He leaned over and locked the door. The room was quite small and frankly the mattress took up most of it.

"Now it's locked, don't be too loud." Shane quickly pulled off his shirt and I pulled off mine. It was like a rush of adrenaline. I was fiddling with my jean buttons when Shane stopped me, I was laying in my bra and jeans and he stopped to admire me.

"What?" I looked at him confused, realizing he was already in his boxers. I froze looking at him, like it was the first time I ever had. I didn't even realize I was tracing his chest until he started to laugh. We both had been doing the same thing to each other. "God I've fucking missed you."

"I could say the same, but I'm gonna show it instead." Shane smiled the most sex crazies smiled I'd ever seen. My whole body shivered and before I knew it his mouth was all over mine, he had control over my entire body. Within seconds I was being kissed everywhere, but my mouth. Shane was licking and sucking on me. I couldn't contain any noise I was making. I gripped onto the mattress, my nails dig into the thick fabric. Shane slowly kissed up my stomach.