Final (2023)

Hey!!

So, it's been about two maybe three years since I wrote these two books. Both of which was based on the 'kill the reader' trope in the author world.

I reread both books, going through and fixing some things along the way.

I want to tell you all that I am beyond thankful for the love and support you all have shown me, thank you for always reading. Leaving comments that make me smile. Allowing light to shine onto such a dark world.

I deprived you all of Shane's final thoughts towards his wife. Towards you.

May Shane live in our memories while holding that damn shotgun and giving us that lopsided smile that no one could perfect as he can.

So, for the last time; enjoy.

———

I stared at the beautiful woman laying next to me, wondering how I got so lucky.

Through the years of relentless pain, fighting the world around us, and managing to have some of the best sex in the world, the gorgeous woman brought me light. A light that couldn't burn out even if I closed my eyes.

She taught me pain in a way that even my lousy parents couldn't manage. She taught me joy in a way that only her mere presence could bring to my life.

She brought me everything life has to offer and for that I'm eternally in her debt.

I may not live to see her end, I may not even live to see her fight again, but if she has taught me one thing, it's living now.

I won't sleep until that final blow comes, the last few breaths take over my entire body, I'll lie to her and say I did.

Until the last breath, I'll protect her. Watch her every movement, knowing that she has no idea how much I love her.

An awful man like me, loving a good woman like her seems impossible. Yet, she choose me. Out of all the suitors and possible partners she could have chosen, she chose me.

I won't forget how her eyes sparkle when she's excited, how she watches me carefully when she thinks I have no idea. How peaceful she looks when she sleeps, letting out soft little snores that send my heart fluttering. How soft her hair always is, even when coated in dirt snd blood after leaving the safe walls we're tethered to. How her laugh brings joy to everyone around, louder than the rest- encouraging the rest to laugh with her. Her gentle yet mean nature, unafraid of the hardships we face everyday and still comes home and places a hand on Noah's head while muttering how much she loves him under her breath. Her protective nature towards him and I both, knowing she'd place her life on the line over and over again just to see us safe at home by the end of the night.

There isn't a single thing I wouldn't give to have Y/n in my arms forever.

Unfortunately, as the fever sets in, I can feel our time together slipping away in a pull towards Death's doorstep.

Even when I'm gone, she'll continue to shine brighter than all the other stars in the sky. She won't fail Noah or anyone else. She'll live forever in the memories of all the people she's crossed.

Because my wife, Y/N Walsh, is beyond a describable creature. Her life will leave a legacy behind, far greater than mine will.

With every ounce of myself,
   Shane Walsh #22