SEVEN

It's early in the morning but Taehyung has been up for hours. He usually wakes up before Sehun even if he doesn't have to. It's Saturday so he doesn't have any classes and uses the quiet hours of the morning to his advantage.

He takes his time making breakfast; a simple omelet—putting aside a plate for Sehun—drinking a warm cup of tea on the floor by their living room window, not bothering getting dressed yet and opting to stay in a soft oversized hoodie. He finishes up a few details on a drawing for one of his classes as the sun rises, letting the soft golden rays dance across the hardwood floor and his drawing.

The sound of the bedroom door opening and shuffled footsteps alerts Taehyung to Sehun's presence. He ignores the instinct to tense and instead turns to smile up at his boyfriend who is rubbing sleep from his eyes, hair sticking up in fluffy tufts.

"Good morning, Hunnie," Taehyung says sweetly.

"How long have you been up?" Sehun asks, coming to sit slightly behind Taehyung.

"Just a few hours, there's breakfast if you're hungry."

Sehun just hums as he wraps his arms around Taehyung, pulling him close and nuzzling into his warm neck, making him giggle softly. Taehyung lets himself relax into Sehun's chest; he pulls one of Sehun's hands from his waist to intertwine their fingers easily. They stay like that for a while, watching as the sun shines down around them and it's peaceful and quiet. Today seems to be one of Sehun's good days.

It's moments like these that Taehyung is able to let his mind run free and he remembers everything he loves about Sehun and he feels content and at ease. He remembers when they just started dating and were still getting to know each other. Sehun used to bring him flowers because he knows how much Taehyung loves to draw them. He used to hold Taehyung's hand tightly in his when they go up an elevator because he knows Taehyung's fear of them. He used to make sure to order Taehyung a sweet, fruity drink because he knows Taehyung's dislike for coffee. He used to bring home fresh strawberries because he knows Taehyung loves them. And he still does these things on his good days, but those have started to become far and few between. He finds himself often longing for Sehun to just let him love him.

"I love you, Taehyung," Sehun says softly, breaking their silence. Taehyung wishes his voice was always that gentle. "I really hope you know that."

"I do," Taehyung responds easily. "I love you, too."

There is a pause before Sehun speaks again, like he's trying to collect his thoughts and formulate his words.

"We've been fighting more," Sehun says it simply, just leaving it to hang in the air. Taehyung feels the responsibility to take it.

"We have."

"I've hurt you," and this time Sehun's voice is filled with emotions too deep and complicated for Taehyung to understand. He just wants Sehun to open his heart just enough for Taehyung to peek in and understand.

Taehyung doesn't know how to respond so he just squeezes Sehun's hand and lays a soft kiss against his knuckles.

"I'm sorry." It's a generic response but whispered between them it holds remorse for every hit and jagged words thrown at Taehyung.

"I know, it's alright."

It's not. But Taehyung doesn't want this moment to end. It's been so long since they've talked genuinely.

"I don't like it," Sehun says, letting his head fall against Taehyung's shoulder. "I don't feel like myself anymore. I haven't for a while."

"You didn't tell me." Taehyung's chest is tightening and he wants to turn around so he can hug Sehun properly but he's terrified any movement will end this.