Chapter 6, she'll be the death of me.

Start from the beginning

I glanced at her up and down quickly, checking her out like merchandise for purchase. It wasn't a bad view when she was in my hoodie, but realized she was wearing shorts. I groaned and turned back around.

"I'm fine, really. It's a short drive anyway."

"Trust me princess, you don't want a big bug to smack you in the shin going 60 miles an hour at night in the cold."

 She's smiled guiltily. I sighed and smiled back at her.

I pulled out a clean pair of my joggers and tossed them to her. They were my cover-up pants for track. Back when I was still at Horde. With all my friends.

"I'll be waiting outside." 

 I stepped out of her room and closed the door.

The entire night had been going great until now. Why did Weaver always shove her ego into everyone elses buissnes? Into my buissness.

Weaver was just trying to boost her image like always. She was just using Adora as a pawn. I wanted to warn Adora, but she would worry about me. It made me so angry. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms.

Why did I care so much about what Adora thought of me and Weaver anyway? She was from Horde too. She knew how things worked here.

       This girl will be the death of me.

ADORA'S POV

 Catra 's hoodie smelled like her shampoo and her cologne. It was a nice smell. Like the pine trees my dad and I used to the watch birds make nests in.

It made me feel cozy and safe. The grey and red splatter hoody was warm and fuzzy on the inside. It has she soccer number on it from when she went to Horde High. It was big on her but for normally in me. 

I bet she would look like an ant one of my hoodies

I chuckled to myself and slid off my shorts. I  stepped into the joggers. They were old but soft and thick. They were from Horde High's track team. Dark grey with a thick maroon stripe down the side. The pockets were embroidered, but it was too ratty and old to read.

I went to Horde intermediate. I knew Brightmoon was better. Had more opportunities. If there was one thing I knew about Horde High, it was that these used to be part of a uniform. A uniform Catra probably held on to for next season, but she transfered her instead.

Meaning, these ratty pants were the best Horde High could provide.

I'm glad I transferred.

I sighed and stepped out of her room while putting on her jacket. I smiled at her. She looked at me unimpressed, but a smile her creeped onto her face despite her best efforts.

 "This is your helmet. You can connect your phone to only and play music if you want. " She handed me a red helmet with a flippy down visor shield thingy. 

 She grabbed my hand and pulled me down the stairs. She shouted over her shoulder some half hearted goodbyes and then closed the door. She then led me around to the side of the house.

Her motorcycle was black with some red detailing. It was more like a racing bike than an old guys Harley Davidson. It may not have been new, but with how tidy and well kept it was, you would have never known.