- fourty one -

Season 1, Episode 5 : Hanging On.

Leslie sighed as she parked back at the Firehouse. It sucked working with her ex-boyfriend that she loved dearly but her job was her job and he wasn't going to stop her from doing it.

Everyone had noticed the trouble the two were going through. It was more than obvious. The couple weren't smiling anymore and tried their best to avoid each other. Cindy made Hermann keep his mouth shut about it but it bothered him. Kelly had given up on her for no reason at all.

Social Services were checking Leslie up and down before handing her little brother into her care. She stayed back in her old apartment and she was going finally planned move out after shift. The problem was , was that she had to get the rest of her stuff from Kelly's apartment and they haven't talked since that day.

Leslie finally got out and walked inside. The locker room was full of conversation but she didn't say a word as her and Kelly glanced at each other. She looked away from him and went into her locker and put her things away. Gabby and Stella looked at each other , trying to make each other ask her what was up but there was no way in hell they were going to say anything. It wasn't the time nor the place.

Ambulance 61. Truck 81. Squad 3. Factory Accident , Ogden and Ash.

Everyone rushed to their vehicles before driving off. Gabby peeked at Leslie who kept her eyes out of the window. The woman would suffer in her own silence for such a long time, she was strong , she always was.

They arrived and followed the two groups inside to show a man with his arm stuck, blood all over the tool his arm was stuck in.

"How you doing ?" Kelly asked him.

"I just need some help getting out." The man told him , sweat dripping down his forehead. Gabby talked to the man who really was in just so much pain and loosing more blood than necessary. Gabby ten looked at her husband.

"We gotta get him out now. Shay , morphine."

"Got it." Leslie told her before shoving the IV into his free arm , once she was done , she looked back at the man who was sweating profusely. "All right sweetie , I gave you some morphine , it should kick in a second."

The man nodded before Leslie put her things back in the jump bag. They all swarmed the man , preparing to take him out of their and get him to Med before he died from blood loss.

"We're going to take your arm now Garrett." Gabby told the man. "It's going to hurt but we have to do it , you ready ?"

He nodded before they all counted down, they attempted to take him out but he screamed in agony , telling them to stop. Capp grabbed the drill and Severide and him quickly took out some more screws before pulling the equipment with the mans arm. They put him on the stretcher and rushed him to the ambo.

"Kelly , Matt , we need you guys to help come take this off." Leslie told them before she rushed to the driver's seat. No way in hell was she going to sit in the back with her ex-boyfriend. Kelly sighed as he leaned against the ambo door, waiting for Gabby to get situated so they could get inside.

"You alright ?" Matt asked him.

"Didn't sleep well."

It was the same excuse he always gave even though it was true. He was so used to sleeping with Leslie at night and now that they have been broken up to for the last two weeks , it was taking a toll on him.

They got into the ambulance before rushing to med , all them going inside.

"Possible crush syndrome, gave four morphine , heart rate 130 , bp 110 palp, 2 liters of saline."