-two-

Season 2, Episode 4 : Nuisance Call

Leslie walked into the firehouse completely silent. It was obvious to the firehouse that her and Gabby weren't getting along and no one dared to question it because every time they did , they would blow up at them or ignore them.

It was awkward in the locker room as they stood next to each , shoving their things in their lockers.

"Uh you guys good ?" Mills asked. They both turned to him.

"Ask her." They both spoke before going back to their lockers. Casey looked at Mills and shook his head at him. That meant no more questions. Chief Boden walked in.

"Briefing room."

Everyone walked in there and sat down. The two women sat down next to each other, Shay on her phone while Dawson with her arms folded , looking at the window.

The tension could really be cut with a knife.

"I-"

The alarm buzzed.

Ambulance 61. Person In Distress. 398 Wells Street.

Gabby and Leslie looked at each other with a bored look.

"It's Darryl , he's our frequent flyer and just wants attention." Leslie told her Chief.

"Can we miss it ?" Gabby asked.

"No , we don't turn down calls. Go."

They got up and jogged out. They got inside the ambo and drove to the usual call's house. The man was a lonely diabetic who always called in hopes of getting them and it seemed like he always did.

They got out and walked inside. The man was lying on the couch.

"Hey Darryl." Leslie smiled.

"How you been buddy ?"

"Oh I missed you , looking as beautiful as ever." He told Leslie. Gabby and Leslie let out a snicker.

"Well aren't you the charmer ?" Leslie told him as Gabby helped the man up. They checked his levels and Leslie sat beside him , handing him a quick sandwich she made from his kitchen. The typical things she has always done since they were here all the time.

"Maybe you should join a chap room to talk to some ladies."

"She is right Darryl, you gotta stop. There could be someone else we gotta save bud." She said, putting down the plate , she went to stand but he grabbed her wrist, pulling her back down. Leslie looked at him with wide eyes.

"You know , you have no idea how much you mean to me Leslie ?"

"D-"

A small gun was in his right hand and her eyes widened even more. Her heart started race and it became hard to swallow. Gabby's small smile slowly faltered , seeing the gun in his hand.

"Hey Darryl." Leslie looked at him directly in his blue eyes.

"Darryl put the gun down."

"D-"

"Leslie I got this."

Leslie ignored her.

"I need you to put the gun down and we can talk-"

"You know I can't live without you." He told her.

"Darryl , please put the gun down or give it to me. After after after my shift we can go catch a last minute flight to Vegas and get married but please put the gun down." Leslie told him softly. She was shaking and nothing ever scared her.