Helping a Pal 2

A gloom had clapped itself across the city and scored the night with bitter rain. A wind blew through the air to chill the skin and the soul. The streets, even in the hustle-bustle of nightlife, even the red light district ---where the rotting wheel of sex walk dominated, were quiet.  

The entire street was silently but surely been encroached by the joker gang.  In their last heist, their leader the Joker finally gain halves of the territory from the penguin gang. It seems their boss already have plans for it, something about making a headquarter. Thus it can even be said that the whole Industrial District of Old Gotham has been a target by this gang for a long time.

for these past few days, new rules are forced upon the resident and gang members. Every Sunday and Friday there will be a meeting, and every people living in the area must stay at their home or shop and not come out to mingle in the street, with the exception of gang members. Everything is done very hush-hush and nobody dares to question them.

In one of the particular club, a juvenile woman was wiping the bar table while looking out at a certain newcomer. The Street Cat was a club that functions as not only on the dancing floor, karaoke, or a mini cafe and drink bars, it also giving certain nightly services for its customers with special membership. One of the newcomers was a young-looking girl called Jessica Colt, her working name is now Jessie, she only start to work there 4 days ago.

Mama Cream, was the owner of The Street Cat club. When the new girl just came in, she was quite suspicious of the pimp that introduces her. She was a veteran in the industry, and her keen instinct is more polished with such a thing. She was giving tasks to one of her older girls name Holly Robinson to keep an eye on the newcomer.

With a puff of her cigs, she called Holly over to a more secluded area. 

"How's she?" her thick makeup makes her look like a drag queen.

"Well, the man that brings her here often checking up on her. Maybe like, 2 times a day?"

"Huh..." Mama Cream looking at Jessie from the corner of her eyes, the girl was busy drinking with an older customer, maybe old enough to be her father.

"Those guys are honestly suspicious, i think they belong to that new lunatic group."

"You mean, the joker gang?"

Mama Cream nodded in confirmation, Holly's face turns serious.

"They don't give you her personal background whatsoever, mama?"

"Only her names, and from what I know, she isn't from around here."

Both the employer and employee look at each other and then at Jessica, or Jessie.

As if on cue, Jessie clutches into the man's arm and then leads him to private room no.13.

"Well, i don't know if this is a good thing or not. But one thing for sure, she is diligent in her work." Mama cream said with a little chuckle. This industry is especially harsh, many have a tragic story. All of her workers are actually quite pitiful, the waste of society with no money, no safety, and no place to go. It's not easy money as those common Gothamites often said.  Even so, these 'degenerates' still need to live no matter what kind of wretched job they have to do.

"I hope she didn't force her self too much, that one is her third customer today." Holly looks at the girl disappearing back with a worried look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Bruce has just finished with the important matter of allocating his donation money.  
He checks on his smartphone notes to check anything else he needs to do, one particular note make him remember something. He hasn't given some donations to Jessica Colt orphanage. Since the last time he went there as Batman, it seems the orphanage isn't going so well. The children don't have many things such as toys and new clothes.