Helping a Pal

At the park, Joker dressed as civilians were eating croissants from Noir Coffe & Bakery. No one expects the mastermind behind yesterday's gruesome heist is sitting there and calmly eating in the park and reading newspaper like a normal person.

As  Joker anticipated, the excess chaos born of his method, satisfying though it might be to mind and soul in and of itself, had an electric impact on Gotham Journalism, and beyond. It was the new star that took up first in trending.

MAD CLOWN HIT GOTHAM, it announced in a headline smeared across leaderboards all throughout Gotham. The newsboy bustled about, screeching, "Mad Clown! Mad clown! Mad clown!" Only in Gotham that these tribes of annoying urchins can thrive.

"Heh" Joker as Jack Napier smirk, he was observing the environment, waiting for ' the one'. His excitement is barely visible in his thick makeup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce gets up and gets to work, as usual, his eyes were red and puffy. not to mention the black eye he got from lack of sleep, and some bruise and cut on his face. He does his best to cover it all up with his make up. he can't do anything for his eyes however, he just has to make something up if someone asks him about it.

The only difference this morning had is, he takes Alfred breakfast and lunch with him. 2 slices of apple pies, and 4 mixed club sandwich. His has stomach problem this morning, to his embarrassment and his butler amusement.

"Maybe its a sign to have a more balanced diet master bruce, please, eat my healthy dishes from now on. " Alfred said while pouring hot coffee to Bruce mug.

Bruce can't forget his old friend's triumphant smile.

So here he is, taking a shortcut through the park, not wanting to meet many people from the street. But he was stopped by someone calling his name loudly. He saw Jack waving his hand excitedly and running towards him. 

"Bruce, hey Bruce! god, its good to see you!" he smiled widely, seeming genuinely happy to see Bruce. "Hey, Jack" Bruce answer in contrast to Jack's beaming and excited demeanor.

Jack paused at this, and look at Bruce's tired face for 5 seconds before he dived in and Hug Bruce in a tight embrace. "I'm really glad to meet you, pal! I thought... I thought you were dead...." Jack said gradually losing his cheerfulness.

Now Bruce remembers, he left Jack in the Penguin restaurant after a shoot out between gangs. And isn't the Joker heist near that place as well? a shiver went down Bruce's neck. Jack could've died too, and here he is, giving him moral support instead. Bruce felt pathetic, but he swallows his bitterness and hugs Jack back. "I'm glad you're here too, Jack."

"I had to say, yesterday night was rough! many people that I know died, one of my best pal too....its a bit lonely now. " Jack released his hug and sighs, but his hands still remain on Bruce's waist.

"Yeah, uh...sorry for that time, I escaped by myself." Bruce sincerely felt bad, Although Jack is a bit weird he has been nothing but good to Bruce.

"Psh, it's ok. I mean in that kind of situation, escaping is the logical way." Jack finally retracted his hand from bruce waist, Bruce pretending not to notice.

"Anyway, I know this is sudden but hey we already hangout once so....can I have your number? I can take you to places that have the greatest food!" With a big smile, Jack pulls out his smartphone from his breast pocket, eyes already gleaming.

well, it's not hurt to get a new connection, and besides, Jack's company was actually quite fun.

Bruce takes out his phone and sending messages to Jack's smartphone.