Penguin Riot

Jack Kirby was on a date with his dream girl, Olivia Carr. He often sees her in science affair, both are science geeks. Kirby's in Artificial Intelligent and Olivia in her Nanotechnology. They only going out for a week now, but he was smitten. Olivia is a smart and independent woman, and she has a great body shape--totally his type. She takes one of the menus from a waiter passing by, making the said waiter wait for her order despite already having an order from other tables.

Olivia gives her menu to Kirby, making him scroll down the incoherent naming dish on the menu, and she said seductively, "I would avoid the sushi if I were you. It's a little fishy~" she then looks at Jack Napier , giving him a wink.  

In the background, a new band consisting of men wearing a black tux appeared, a shift of performance. The romantic ballad that Bruce never register came to an end and the new band start a jazz music session--an original piece it seems. The singer was a black man with a powerful voice, the way he sings reminds Bruce closely to B.B King. The lyrics went,

But as I say, I will get to that when I get to that.

 When I did, You must earn that knowledge the hard way.

 I won't lie, it will be a fraught voyage. 

As the saying goes,

 Beware, a monster will be there.

We call him the pale-faced man,

But you called him the boogeyman.

He's been around here, for a thousand years!

Huh, So it's actually a folk song about the pale-faced man. He was quite famous in Gotham. Almost as famous as the slender-man, but that one was an internet meme. This one apparently genuine, as the Gothamites superstitious bunch like to believe.

Jack seems to notice the song, after some repeat he began to hum and sing. 

While Jack doing his thing, Bruce saw a chance to observe his surroundings. 

There are some named crooks dining here with either their gang member or even their family and lover? Some were, like Bruce, a big shot who brave enough to try the 'dangerous lure' of nightlife in a shady part of Gotham. And some probably like Jack, a brave gourmet hunter who went into a lion's den just to have a taste of...whatever is delicious for them.

The person behind his table was getting rather frisky, Bruce noted embarrassedly. He facepalmed at the woman's voice who went an octave higher. What are they even doing in public places such as this? When he try to look back at the source, Jack grabs his necktie and forces Bruce to look at his smiling face.

"They should get a room, eh? But look! Our delicious meal is coming, i guaranteed its tastes."

Bruce looks at the hand still holding on his tie, like he was a dog on a leash. 

"Uhuh, ok..." Bruce Reply likes an absent-minded idiot. You need to mind my personal space though.

When the food is all set in their table, Bruce believes Jack. It has a nice smell, not a fishy smell but a genuinely well-prepared and cooked to the broth kind of smell. The fish are fresh and sour in a good way, the lime uplifting the taste. After they were done eating their Peruvian tilapia ceviche which bruce will add to his personal favorite dish to eat again, they start to eat their crab dish which is the cioppinos ---the waiter came over and filled their glass to the brim with Sauvignon Blanc wine.

It was a nice dinner, Jack is quite pleasant to have around---if he isn't being a weird jerk, still, Bruce already considers him as a friend and he likes his company.