Chapter 5, Flower Farts and Calvin Klein

Start from the beginning

CATRA'S POV

I could hear Hordak yelling all the way from the soccer pitch.

Sucks to be Adora.

Practice went smoothly. It was mostly ball control drills and over taking a defender. Since I'm a foward, I did get to practice penalty kicks for a little bit. We ran out our sprints and finished stretches.

"Bring it in girls! " Bellowed Coach Netossa.

We all jogged to her, and she gave us her assessment of today. I tuned it out a little, I was dreading the sound of the football players' helmets cracking together. Every thirty seconds their would be a whistle and then a deafening crack.

3

2

1

Concussion

My ears perked up when she started talking about the starting fowards. I had trained all summer for this, scratch that, my entire life to start on a champion soccer team. And if I didn't make it, why was I here? Horde only had football going for it. The soccer team never had any hope of winning a championship.

I crossed my fingers....

"Right forward is... Mermista."

Please, please make the starting line up....

"Center toward is....Frosta"

God damnit say my name

"Lastly, left foward.....

I can't breathe

"Catra"

I let out a huge sigh and smiled to myself.

"That's all for today ladies, hit the showers," the coach barked.

I practically sprinted to the showers. It was a fast but good enough shower, and then I slid on clothes. I coated my underarms in a truly unhealthy amount of deodorant. I tried to run a comb through my wild and unruly hair, even though it looked like I hadn't. It spiked out in weird angles. I sighed at my appearance and turned away from the mirror.

I tied my hoodie around my waist and grabbed my bags. I pulled out my phone and texted Miss. Perfect my address. Then, I texted Rogelio and Kyle to start straightening up a little since we will have company in a little bit.

I walked past the football field on my way to my bike to see Adore score a touchdown. I decided to embarrass her, I'm pretty good at that. At least that's what Mrs. Weaver makes sure to tell me.

"GO ADORA, YOU ARE A LITERAL FUCKING BEAST! " She turned around to see me getting on my motorcycle and putting on my helmet.

I waved and made the most obnoxious and loud motorcycle engine revving sound you could possibly make and drove away.

The drive back to the house was boring as it usually was. Same warehouses towering over streets and the smoke filled skies. The best part of the drive was going through the woods and smelling the fresh air.

It was done at last because soon I was pulling into the driveway and putting my bike under its makeshift garage. When I unlocked the door into the entryway, I saw that Kyle and Rogelio had straightened up a bit. It still looked like shit, but that's because it is.

At least it's not dirty shit.

I ran to my room and got to work. I put all the dirty clothes on the floor in my hamper and shoved it into my tiny closet. I pushed all my shoes under my bed, then picked up trash and tossed it in my closet, on top of the mountain of clothes. It seemed like it would topple over any second, so I slammed my door shut. I made my bed, and it still looked bad, but it would have to do. I cleaned the books off my desk and put them in a neat stack on my dresser. I grabbed my blade and put in a random drawer.

I leaned against my wall and thought of what else to do.

Should I dust maybe?

I had never dusted before. Ive had girls over for much... different... reains and it never even corssed my mind. Something about Adora made we want to put my best foot forward.

Not knowing how to dust, i settled on rubbing a wet shirt on all my surfaces to try to get rid of dust. I really don't know if that works at all, but it took almost no time, and it seemed less dusty.

Anything else? Yep. It smells like absolute shit in here, but other than that...

I grabbed the febreeze out of the bathroom and ran around, spraying it in the air. I stopped at my room and sprayed so much I started coughing.

Nope, nope, nope. Too much. Waaaaayy too much.

I opened my window and turned on the fan. It felt like I couldn't breathe in there.

I sprayed some Cologne to balance out the smell of flower farts. It was kinda hard to breathe in my room with all the smells fighting, but I'd say the cologne won in the end. I sprayed someone me too. I put on a better-looking hoody and a pair of jeans.

God I hope that bomb of smells difuses a little.

I tried to distract myself and got all the research materials needed to work. I just sat on my bed staring out the window ,waiting for Adora's dumb red jeep to pull up.

ADORA's POV

I staggered out of the locker room, feeling like absolute crap. I told Scorpia I had to go and she told me to tell Carta hi. I checked my phone and climbed in my jeep.

It wasn't a long drive, 20 minutes max, but it was boring. It was just rows and rows of warehouses. Luckily, my jeep had good suspension, so I didn't have to dodge every single pot hole. Some pot holes, however, were almost a foot deep and absorbed most of the road. When I finally cleared the warehouses, I was driving through a dark, overgrown forest where it was almost all potholes and not road. It was refreshing, honestly.

I pulled up to an old rickety house. The paint was chipping, and the grass was mostly well trimmed weeds. I limped up the cement path and knocked on the old red door.

"Hey Adora," she smiled at me.

Catra looked out at me from the barley open door. I heard her inside unlocking some more locks and then let me in. The wallpaper was yellowed and peeling at the top, and the hard wood floors where far from polished. It smelled like flowers, though, and other than its age, it was very clean and tidy.

Catra saw me looking around and sighed. "C'mon dummy." She laughed and then took my hand and pulled me upstairs into her room.

It was cleaner than I'd expect her room to be if I'm being honest. It was the same condition as downstairs, but smelled like Calvin Klein and febreeze. It wasn't a bad smell. It's smelled Catra and Perfuma in got I a fight, but still, it was strangely homey and inviting.

"Are you gonna sit down? Or just stand their and stare out my window?" She patted her the spot on her bed next to her.

I reluctantly say next to her.

It was weird having a normal conversation again. It seemed like she had been ignoring me for those last two days. It kinda got under my skin since I thought we would be so good together.

...as just friends, of course.

CATRA's POV

I could feel her judging me as soon as she stepped in. I could tell she hadn't been in  Horde much since she left.

She sat down on my lumpy bed while I grabbed some books off my nightstand.

"You prepared, didn't you?" She smiled and chuckled.

"Yeah, I couldn't let you seem my actual life, then I wouldn't be a tough guy anymore." I said slyly. We laughed.

I cracked my knuckles and then my neck

"Time to get to work."

Sorry this one is a little boring, not much going on. Next chapter will be much more exciting. Thank you so much foe reading, stay safe and happy during these hard times my lovelys!