"Danny, you came to see me." she says, with a bit of surprise in her voice.

I admit, sometimes I am a bit cold towards her but I don't mean it. I'm just still adjusting to this whole situation. 

"Yes, I wanted to check up on you." I say with a smile.

She jumps in excitement and wraps her arms around me, and I slowly pat her back awkwardly. She sure is touchy. Her friends clear their throats behind us and she lets go of me, before rolling her eyes.

"Oh yeah. Danny, these are my friends. Paulina and Joy." she says, gesturing to each of them.

I wave at them kindly and they excitedly wave.

"Hello Prince Danny. I'm Paulina." the one who was floating says.

"I am Joy. Nice to meet you, Your Highness." the other girl greets.

"Likewise." I tell them.

"Prince, may I ask you a question?" Paulina asks with a shy smile.

"Go ahead."

"Are you Afia's... boyfriend?" she asks and I raise my brows. Joy hits Paulina on her shoulder with an eyeroll. 

I glance over at Afia who is glaring at her friends. Well, this is the second rule put to test. We are not allowed to tell anyone about this betrothal. 

"Mind your business, nosy girl." Afia retorts and Paulina's face drops.

I narrow my eyes at Afia's rude behavior and give Paulina a small smile.

"We are family friends." I tell her. If only it would just stay like that.

"Oh." she quietly says, splashing the water around her.

Afia sucks her teeth, before she grabs my wrist and drags me to a seat beside hers. We sit down and she snaps her fingers at her friends.

"Girls, I need your services." she states, making them come out of the water quickly.

I glance at her with my eyebrows raised. Did she just snap at her friends like puppies?

"Yes, Afia." they say simultaneously, coming out of the water.

Afia twirls a braid around her finger and smiles.

"Paulina, you get me a Malt from inside and get one for Danny too." she orders her and she nods, running towards the house.

"Joy, darling, go to my mother and get some meat pie from her." she says, and Joy also runs towards the house.

I watch as the girls leave and I scoff to myself. Are those her friends or servants? I look back at Afia and narrow my eyes at her.

"Do they always do what you tell them to?" I ask her, slightly amused.

She shrugs, flipping her braids to the side. "Why wouldn't they? They wouldn't be friends without me, so the least they can do is obey me."

I internally roll my eyes. How can you say that about your friends? I knew mean girls existed in movies, but I didn't know I had one in my presence all along. 

"Okay then." I simply say, annoyed by her behavior.

"Don't worry, I haven't told them about our," she looks around before whispering, "betrothal."

"That's good because we'd be in trou--" I start but she interrupts me by holding her hand up. How rude.

Her phone was buzzing on her seat and she picked it up without looking at he caller I.D., putting it to her ear. I sigh and lean back in the seat as she speaks on the phone.