Special Chapter: Marking (Pt1)

Start from the beginning

When I asked Namjoon why he was being this way, rather than giving me an answer, he snapped at me.

"You wouldn't understand. You aren't a werewolf."

This led into one of the worst fights we've ever had. This comment felt unfair. Haven't I been understanding since the beginning? So much leeway was given to him for some of his behaviors, from my perspective. I spend every full moon with him so he doesn't hurt, I'm cool with him licking my neck on a regular basis to show other wolves to back off, I text or call him back right away when he contacts me because if don't, he gets anxious. I chose a school closer to home because I want to live close to him. I put time with him before my friends.

But the fact that sentence came out of his mouth felt like he was neglecting to recognize every good thing I did. Relationships are work and require a lot of compromise, so I don't complain about any of that and I'm not going to say that Namjoon doesn't do any compromising of his own. However, sometimes it feels like I put in more work than he does. Maybe that's true or maybe it's just the thoughts of a stressed mind and hurt feelings.

We haven't spoken in three days. Miraculously, Namjoon hasn't even tried to call or text. This wasn't our first fight, but definitely the most intense by far. A lot was said back and forth. From the tiniest inconsequential things to the biggest, for some reason or the other we had taken this time to air all grievances. And in addition threw all manner of insults at each other.

Why did I call him a rabid dog? Why did he say I was a fanatical cat addict? Was it necessary for me to throw sexy like a pornstar back in his face? Did he really have to point out that I cuss like a sailor and compare me to Captain Ahab? That was a low blow.

Then things had taken a turn for the worse when I spit out in a moment of anger: "Well if you dislike me so much, maybe we should just break up!" And he had yelled, "MAYBE WE SHOULD!" Then ran out, because this was a product of an over dramatic fight.

And like the productive person I am, I proceeded to cry for the next day. Then I was mad, then I cried some more. No word from him, not even a text. Forget being one of the worst fights, this was absolutely the worst. Words about breaking up have never once been exchanged between us, and the moment they came out I regretted it. Three days might not seem like a lot, but for Namjoon and I, the mate bond, the animal instincts, and the overall clingy nature, three days feels like an eternity and a half.

If it had been up to me, this would have been resolved within the first twenty four hours. I called. And called. And called. No answer. After the second day of this is when I got mad. You know WHAT, Namjoon? If you want to be a big baby and run away, go AHEAD.

I'm not running after him and even if I did, it's not like I can fix this by myself. Trying, I failed. Being angry, I'm still failing but at least that feeling is easier to deal with.

By the third day, today, I've decided to fix things.

And by 'fixing things' I mean I'm going to get piss ass drunk off my ass. I don't drink often, so this isn't a hard feat to accomplish. Three shots in, I'm drunk dialing Eun-ji.

My best friend. Married with a baby. She'd had to take an absence from college because of the new addition to her family and now she's a mom and it's like she's wised up far beyond what the rest of us have. Here we are getting higher educations but she's beat us all in maturity levels.

"Jiii Jiii!" Not slurring my words is impossible, but I try to control it anyway. "What're you doin?"

"Y/n? Are you drunk?"