5K BONUS: Yoriichi Tsugikuni

Start from the beginning

"You're alright?" he murmured to you in concern.

You looked up with a smile. "Yeah, I'll be okay."

"Good." He nodded. He hesitated, but then added, "You're... too important."

Your face heated up and you looked away, covering your mouth with your hands.

You Make Him Blush:

You were playing with baby Sumire tossing her lightly in the air and laughing with her. Yoriichi was watching from the porch with Sumiyoshi, a bright grin on the latter's face.

"She really seems to have taken to (y/n)," Sumiyoshi observed, sipping his drink. "I'm glad."

Yoriichi nodded slowly.

You turned to glance at the men with a bright smile, Sumire still giggling and reaching for your hair.

The light shone down on the both of you in such a way that it illuminated your faces further, and the man felt his face heating, his eyes softening at you.

You Get Injured in Battle:

Depending on the injury, Yoriichi will have no qualms about rushing in to finish the fight. Since he's helped train you, he knows what you're capable of, and some little nicks and fractures won't keep you down. But if the wound is bad enough that you need to quit, his first priority is making sure you're safe before defeating your opponent.

Luckily, he's pretty experienced in patching wounds. He's a good nurse, although he can get a little too overbearing at times.

He Gets Injured in Battle:

Depending on the injury, you won't step in. You trust your friend and his abilities, and you know that not just any demon is gonna be able to take him down. There aren't very many times when he has to bow out, but when he does, it usually ends in you taking down the enemy with some difficulty and helping him off somewhere.

You're not quite as skilled in wrapping wounds, but you can manage well enough. He usually apologizes for getting so hurt, despite your objections.

He Realizes He Likes You:

Is he the first to know? Not quite.

It would probably be Sumiyoshi or Suyako bringing it up first. Yoriichi, much like most people in this series, has a bad habit of ignoring his feelings. But after a small wake-up call, he begins to realize that what he feels for you goes way beyond normal kinship. He hadn't felt something like this since Uta, and to be honest, it scared him. But after a while of deliberating, he finally comes back to inform you.

He Asks You on a Date:

Yoriichi would be pretty plain, but would attempt some level of style.

He isn't the type to do big sweeping gestures, but he does like to make you feel special. If he does ask you on a date, it'll likely be to somewhere nice, like a restaurant or festival. Even though he doesn't care much for being near others, he makes exceptions sometimes just for you. He likes seeing you happy.

Failed Date:

It was a lovely afternoon when you had a date. You decided to take a short hike through the mountain near the Kamados'. You quite enjoyed the scenery, so it was the perfect place to go for a picnic date. You walked with Yoriichi, hands brushing against one another.