2K BONUS: Douma Catch-Up

Start from the beginning

The two of you end up walking around, or perhaps sharing a special meal together in privacy. He's a little unsure of what to do, but he's open to doing whatever you want so that he can get a better grasp of what's acceptable.

A Failed Date:

The two of you were actually out of the compound for once, a gentle rain showering the two of you. Douma held a dainty umbrella over your heads as you walked, talking quietly in the calm downpour.

You were actually having a great time with him, chuckling about something that had happened the day before when your back stiffened. You reached for your katana and looked around, sensing someone else.

"Demon," your eyes narrowed when you saw the person's hair flying around the corner of a building. It was thick and black, whipping around unnaturally in the slight wind.

Douma nodded, offering his umbrella to you. You declined, deciding to tie up your hair and wrap your haori tighter around yourself, dainty patterns of lace decorating the fabric making you look like a falling snowflake as you leapt at them, readying your blade. (Usually when they ruined your date, you used your most merciful technique.)

You Ask Him Out:

It surprises him a little bit, but his expression doesn't change and he asks what you mean. After you explain it to him, he ponders it for a little bit, but he accepts with a genuine smile.

He Asks You Out:

Douma asks you out with a bit of flair.

He decorates his chamber with beautiful sculptures of ice and plans dinner with you that night. When you arrive, you two eat and he asks you the question, creating a small sculpture with their hands outstretched to you, a silver necklace with a glowing snowflake-shaped gem in its hands for some added style.

Sleeping at His Home:

Technically it counts as a home?

Douma is a little wary of having you over, considering his whole deal with his followers, but he's excited to have you over anyway.

He makes you your favorite snacks to eat while you talk in the afternoon and evening. Sometimes you'll sit with him as his followers come in to perform for you two. It's a bit over-the-top for your tastes, but you're fairly amused by it.

Since he doesn't really sleep, it usually ends up being you taking another room to sleep in (close to his, of course) once you've grown too sleepy to continue to stay up and chat with him.

You Compliment Him:

Douma feels content whenever you decide to compliment him.

He always gives you a smile as a reflex, but if you keep looking, it turns into a genuine one. He has a habit of hiding the lower half of his face behind his fan and lightly fanning himself.

He enjoys your presence, so any praises you have for him make it even better!

Something He Likes About You:

He loves your sincerity.

Since he's the leader of a cult, he's usually surrounded by people who either come to him begging for advice, or people who are content to kneel before him and figuratively (although sometimes literally) lick his shoes. He learned real fast to spot genuine praise when he was young. With you, he knows that you're always honest about your feelings with him. He loves your smile, because he can tell that it's real... and you taught him how to properly feel love.

He Gives You a Gift:

Knowing Douma, it'll be something flashy.

Usually he likes to give you delicate jewelry, such as dangling earrings, so that he can admire the way they brush against your skin. Sometimes he'll get you new robes if you accidentally rip yours so badly that you can't fix them yourself (and he makes sure he sticks to your aesthetic, this man is very dedicated to the vibe). After all, why wouldn't he take the opportunity to dress up his girlfriend like a princess?

You Give Him a Gift:

Douma appreciates just about anything you get him.

Whether it's an antique paper fan you found at another village while going about your duties, or finding something that brings out his eyes, like that one gold pendant you found with the deep garnet gemstone that an older retired jeweler gifted to you (for saving his daughter, long story there). He'll wear it, even to Kizuki meetings, and won't hesitate to tease Akaza if he notices whatever you gave him. (He often gets out of those meetings with some very questionably-stained clothes and a way-too-chipper attitude.)

If You Cry in Front of Him:

Douma has dealt with many, many, many crying people before, although you're a bit different to him. He may hesitantly take you into his arms and let you cry on his chest, with one hand lightly petting your hair. He doesn't want to hurt you, so he may let you finish, and when you've gotten it out, he may quietly talk about it with you.

If He Cries in Front of You:

If he does cry in front of you, there's a pretty good chance it's fake. Man's one hell of an actor.

But if it did happen to be real (like the 1% of the time he cries in front of you), it'd be pretty surprising, but he won't push you away if you take him into a hug and try to soothe him. He never got to be emotionally vulnerable when he was a child, and as such he doesn't really know how to express himself in a healthy, stable way. His 'fake it 'til you make it' demeanor usually melts in front of you.

He Gets Jealous:

Douma doesn't get jealous often. If he does get a little pouty around you, usually it's to tease you and whomever you're hanging around (if he doesn't know them that well). You two never really meet outside of the sparing times you visit the compound, but you've made it very clear that you're dedicated to him and only him.

Still, there was one time that he was watching you interact with a younger partner on your way back from a mission, and it made his chest tighten uncomfortably. He began to feel anger rising from seeing your kouhai laughing with you, but luckily you noticed him watching you from in a tree and you realized what was going on. You told your partner that you'd catch up with them later and went to see Douma so that you both could talk it out. (Mostly, you were glad he was feeling more emotions, although you were a little disappointed that it had to be jealousy.)