2K BONUS: Douma Catch-Up

Start from the beginning

He fluttered his fan about his face and, when you paused to catch a breath, he hummed, "You've come such a long way since we met... you've become quite a lovely young woman."

Your eyes widened a bit and you turned away, your face heating up in response. "O-- oh, have I? Thank you."

He smiled again. Adorable, in a small animal kind of way.

You Make Him Blush:

It was a while later, and you'd finally become accepted as a pillar. After you were sworn in, you joyfully went to Douma and, after waiting until he was alone in the chamber, you ran in and embraced him, laughing giddily.

"Douma, I did it! I did it!" You cheered, your face lighting up. "I was accepted!"

Douma's face was frozen in surprise for a few seconds, not expecting your tackle, but at your voice he felt a smile spread across his face.

"Oh, I wish Iroha-sama was here to see this," you breathed, giving him a soft look. "Thank you for believing in me when I had no one else, Douma. It's because of your continued support that I'm here."

His cheeks pinkened at your endearing eyes. He gently rose a hand to the back of your head, pulling you close so that you could hug him again.

You're Injured in Battle:

Likely, you aren't going to be caught up in battle around him. But if he just so happened to be out with you and you were attacked, he wouldn't panic. He knows you can more than handle yourself against any uppity subordinates, and thus wouldn't interfere.

Then again, if you received more serious injuries, he would show concern and tell you to heal with his most trusted physician cult members. He would oversee your treatment to make sure you were healed completely before allowing you to leave the compound. (Of course, the demon would die at his hand, because if anyone were to kill you, he'd prefer it to be either him or Muzan, and he knows Muzan couldn't care less about a fresh pillar.)

He's Injured in Battle:

You already know Douma is a demon. You're unaware of him being a Kizuki, but you know he's one of the more powerful ones, so you know he can more than handle himself. One of the only ones you know who could ever kill him would be Shinobu, one of your superiors, but you did well to keep your friendship a secret. It's still very concerning, watching him come out of battle with injuries that would land you in a medical ward for a few weeks, but he allows you to watch as his wounds heal over because it fascinates you.

He Realizes He Likes You:

You were celebrating one of your orphans' birthday, a young fifteen-year-old boy who took to your training well. You decided to take your group of five kids out to see Douma, because you wanted them to meet the one who inspired you to take your master's path. He knew ahead of time, of course (you weren't cruel), and when he saw how you interacted with your adopted, he felt a strange swell of feeling in his heart. He'd felt it for a little while now and it confused him, but now when he saw you fondly wiping crumbs off of your youngest, Eiji's face, it came back to him full force and he realized that it must be what you had once referred to as a crush. It was startling, but he decided that he already enjoyed your company, so maybe having a crush wasn't a bad thing.

He Asks You on a Date:

On your next visit, he took you in for a private talk and explained that he recently discovered that he had a crush on you, and he wanted to know what you could do about it. You were surprised, but his reaction to it made you laugh. You explained that when humans felt romantic feelings for one another, they usually went out on dates together. He didn't know what those were, so you explained it. After your chat, he nodded and asked you on a date that same evening.