Chapter 23

"Get out of my classroom," the cherry faced instructor seethed, flinging her arm out to the side and pointing towards the door. Her beady eyes flared furiously at Grey, hardly even noticing me.

"I'm glad I made an impression, Dr. Turner," Grey coolly crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back casually in his seat. Oh good lord. Here we go again.

My old organic chemistry professor stood fuming at the front of the classroom, no doubt reliving the embarrassment Grey had caused her a while back. While I did feel bad for the poor woman, I realized why Grey had found this so amusing. It was like a kitten trying to tell a fully grown lion what to do. The lion wasn't going to murder the kitten, per se, but he was going to tease her a bit.

It was difficult to perceive humans any differently now. They had no idea what was truly going on- what power lurked beneath our skin.

"How dare you step back into my classroom?" She hissed, her acrylic nails digging into the faux wood of her desk and threatening to pop off.

"To be fair, Dr. Turner, you change classrooms every year," I interjected with a sigh. I could feel Grey's amused gaze flick to me from the corner of his eye.

"Who are you, exactly?" She narrowed her eyes at me through her round spectacles, adjusting them on her nose.

"Former student as well. I sat next to him. Left once with him when you kicked him out?" I offered nonchalantly, eyeing her.

"Regardless, I want you out of my classroom, immediately. Both of you," she snapped her fingers and her eyes twitched in her unfiltered fury.

"Out of all classrooms, you chose this one?" Grey breathed against the nape of my neck. I felt the seat next to me move as he slowly stood up.

"Relax, Melody. No need to get your panties in a twist. Although, as I do recall, you enjoy that, don't you?" Grey smirked mischievously as I stood next to him.

That seemed to send her over the edge. I never thought I'd ever see a professor fling herself at a student, and yet here I was. Dr. Turner was being held back by several students a few rows down the aisle as she fought her way towards us. Grey chuckled underneath his breath as we inched our way out of the aisle and hurried out the door.

"I had totally forgotten she existed," I chuckled, running my hands through my hair.

"You and me both. I had no idea she'd even remember who I was," he rolled his eyes, throwing his arm across my shoulders. "I don't blame her though. Must suck to be embarrassed in front of all your students."

"Then why do it?" I snickered and he shrugged coolly as we walked down the steps to the main walkway through campus.

"Why not? It's kinda fun, isn't it? Humans are so emotionally reactive, and they're so ballsy. I just enjoy it," he replied lazily as we strolled down the walkway.

"So where to? Now that we've been kicked out of class," I asked, glancing briefly up at him.

"Michael is sending Siena down to meet us later this afternoon," Grey replied with a slight clench of his jaw.

My brows furrowed. "You want to head home? We just got here."

"I'm eager to hear what Siena has to say," he shrugged, letting out a deep sigh. He was concerned.

"Grey. I'm fine. So long as I don't tap into my soul, I won't pass out again," I reassured him, tilting my head slightly to the side.

"That assumption is based on my theory, which could be incorrect. I just- I would prefer to be home where I know I can take care of you. I knew you were adamant about leaving the house and getting back here, but I don't see how you could possibly resume classes during all of this," he explained with a huff.