Chapter 21

When I woke up, I was surrounded by warmth. I could feel Grey's soft silk sheets curled around me, his duvet covers pulled up against my neck. There was a heavy weight on the bed next to me, sinking into the mattress. I could hear some gentle mumbling, but couldn't make out any words. I forced my eyelids open and was able to make out the dark figure sitting beside me. Grey. My vision began to sharpen and my hearing slowly came back.

"-should I expect her?" Grey rumbled. His voice was tight- he was frustrated.

"I'll send her down as soon as I've spoken with the rest of the Archangels and we've come to a consensus," a voice replied. It was low and raspy, not quite as low as Grey's. It sounded a little fuzzy, maybe- a little too quiet- but I could still tell who it was. Michael.

As my eyes began to focus, I realized Grey was the only person in the room. He was-was he on the phone? I thought he didn't have a phone?

"Since when do you have a cellphone?" I mumbled groggily, pulling my sluggish body upright in bed. Grey swiftly turned around to face me, his hand immediately cupping my cheek and his thumb running over my skin.

"Thank you," Grey whispered- a low whisper as his brilliant eyes gazed into mine. A mumble of a no problem on the phone and he hung up, setting the phone on the nightstand.

"I bought it in Paris," Grey murmured gently, his calloused hand brushing strands of hair behind my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me you bought a cellphone?" I snickered and Grey huffed, clenching his jaw a little as an exhausted smile curled on his lips.

"It was never important," he replied softly.

"I think I should have my own boyfriend's number, don't you agree?" I raised an eyebrow and he chuckled.

"Are you asking me for my number, Greene?" He smirked mischievously and I rolled my eyes.

"It's in your phone already. You just haven't used your phone recently enough to notice," he explained cheekily.

"I would know if you were in my phone," I scowled, yanking my phone off the nightstand and scrolling through my contacts list. There was nothing under G.

"Liar," I huffed, holding up the screen to his face so he could see.

"Look under L," he smirked. I narrowed my eyes and with a huff, scrolled down to L.

Leo. Lily. Love of my Life. Lance.

Oh. Love of my Life. What a fucking sap.

"You're so sappy," I snickered, playfully shoving his arm. "What did you put me in as?"

"Jordan," he shrugged and my jaw fell open. He chuckled and shook his head. "Soulmate."

"Such an old sap," I rolled my eyes, but could already feel my cheeks heating as my blood rushed to them.

"How are you feeling, love?" He let out a deep sigh, his thumb running across my cheek as he gazed down at me beneath those thick lashes.

"Fine. A little nauseous, I guess. And confused. The last thing I remembered was standing by the doorway talking to you after those Fallen showed up," I pursed my lips in thought.

"You fainted," Grey clenched his jaw tightly, his turquoise eyes cooling to an icy blue.

"What?" I scowled.

Angels don't faint. Angels can't die unless their heart is ripped out or their head is ripped off. We have perfect immune systems, perfectly functioning bodies. It shouldn't be possible for me to faint.