CH. 38

"U-uh.." I started to fiddle with my fingers. "I-I just wanted t-to talk with y-you.." I looked away shyly, feeling his gaze on me. "So, that's why you followed me?" He chuckles, placing his hands on his knees as he bends slowly to level his eyes with mine.

I felt nervous, our faces were inches apart. "Are you worried about tomorrow?" He gazes into my (E/C) eyes. "Y-yeah.." I rubbed my arm sheepishly. "Don't worry, everything will be alright." He pauses for a moment.

"Just be yourself, like you always have." He smiles at me sweetly. It's weird how Lawrence talks to me as if he has known me for a very long time. I nodded in response, returning the smile. He stares at me, his eyes telling me that he wants to tell me something.

I gazed into his brown orbs in curiosity, hesitating for a bit. "Is there something you want to tell me?" His eyes widened for a bit, surprise was written all over his face. "Oh, does it show on my face?"

I nodded at the brunette, giggling lightly. He was actually surprised that I was able to see through him. "Well.." He pauses for a moment. "I've actually had known you for a very long time, even before you got here."

I was surprised, nodding my head lightly, interested in what he has to say. "H-how come you've never told me?" I tilted my head slightly. He heaves out a sigh, grimacing. "Well, I didn't think that you'd remember me and I didn't want to make you feel bad for not remembering.."

I gasped. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!" I placed my hands on my lips, a guilty look was evident on my face. "I don't know why I couldn't remember you.." It was actually strange, I don't think that I could forget someone like him.

"That's alright, we'll just have to know each other better." He smiles at me kindly. "Then you might remember me, who knows?"

I giggled lightly. "If I still couldn't remember, would you please tell me?" He nods in agreement "Sure." He pauses for a moment, looking away. "Hm, I'll tell you when we find a safer place for us. I'll tell you there.." I nod slowly, a smile plastered on my face.

"Which means that we need to make it there safe and sound, okay?" He turns his head at me, gazing into my (E/C) orbs. "Alright!"

~~~~~~~~~~

I felt much better after I had talked to Lawrence. I made my way back to room 1-C, a few others were still there.

I made my way to Zion. "What's up, Zion?" I gave him a faint smile. "Huh? Oh, hey what's up short stack." He places his palm on top of my head, my eyes widening as I slapped his hand away.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "What? Expect me to mess up your hair again?" He chuckles lightly. "Uh-huh." I nod slightly. He shakes his head, a grin plastered on his face. "Well, I'll head to the auditorium now." I point at the door as he simply nods. "Alright, I'll join you guys later."

I nod at him, walking out of the room. I walked through the hallway. I don't know why but I felt somewhat sentimental, probably because it's our final night here.

I shake my head, forcing a smile on my face. Everything is going to be alright once we make it to the safe zone. I wonder if my parents are there.

I passed by Ethan's room. I stopped in my tracks, walking back. It couldn't hurt if I checked up on him real quick right?

I stood in front of his door, knocking lightly. "Come in.." I smiled to myself, hearing his usual monotone voice. I slide the door open, spotting the male.

"Hey Ethan, how are you?" I walked over to him, a smile on my face. "I'm fine, how about you?" He looks me in the eyes as I simply nodded. "I'm alright." I gave him a small smile.

We conversed for a while, talking about what we'll do once we get there. "Well, I'll head to the auditorium now." He simply nods at me, watching me leave the room.

I walked to the auditorium, finding a spot for myself. I sat down, organizing my thoughts. So many things had happened here, both good and bad. I was grateful that they decided to take me in. I'm glad I had met everyone here.

~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I stretched my arms as I yawned. I got up, fixing my hair for a bit. We're finally ready to set off to the safe zone.

"Is everyone ready?" Lawrence glances at us. "Yep." "Let's go." Lawrence smiles at us as he nods slightly. "Let's go then."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

We slowly walked down the hallway towards the staircase. There haven't been any signs of zombies around here, I felt optimistic.

Suddenly, a loud harmonious melody fills the whole school. The school intercom is playing through the speakers on the ceiling. Everyone stops in their tracks, staring at each other in confusion.

"What the-?" Zion furrows his eyebrows, looking around. I was startled, looking around carefully. The music was getting louder and louder, we didn't know where it came from.

A horde of zombies was making their way towards us. The windows and doors break open. Hailey screams as she was being pulled away by the horde.

I gasped in fear, trying to save Hailey from the horde but was immediately stopped by Harry. "It's too late.." He grimaces, running away with me. "Everyone run!" Harry exclaims as everyone started running.

All we could do was run. We ran until we were out of breath, just then, everyone was hopeful and happy. How did it ever come to this?

I felt my eyes brimming with tears. This wasn't the time to cry. I shook my head, putting on a strong face. I was praying to myself that this was going to end and we'll finally make it there together.

------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more!