CH. 19

As I walked inside, I immediately felt chills run down my spine. 'It's so dark in here, I can't see a thing..' I thought to myself, using the wall beside me as a guide.

I immediately felt something on the wall, it was a light switch. I quickly turned it on. "W-what?.." The basement instantly lit up.

'There was no power down here, how was that possible?!' I pondered to myself in deep thought. I continued my way around the basement, examining everything with my eyes.

It was unusually clean down here, and there was power. My thoughts suddenly drifted off to somewhere else, could it be that someone was living down here all along?

I shuddered at the thought that someone was living down here all this time, eavesdropping in on our conversations and watching our every move.

My eyes suddenly widened, looking around in paranoia. 'Maybe they could be watching me right now! No, stop being so paranoid!' I gently slapped myself on the cheeks, shaking my head in disagreement.

'Gotta stay focused!' I thought to myself, closing my eyes. "OOMPH!" I suddenly tripped over some boxes. "Great.." I sighed to myself, getting up whilst I was dusting myself off.

I took a deep breath, kneeling down at the boxes. I carefully opened them, one by one. 'There's food, some blankets, some clothes and..' My eyes widened in fear and shock.

It was J̶̡̜̗̯̥̞̠̊̈̄̊̓͂͋̚͠u̸̡̢̢̫̜̝̬͐͆̚d̷͙͕̩̐̚͘y̸̡̩̜̦͖̭̼̗̙͒́͜'̵̛̗̹̇͛̊̏̅̃͋̅̎s̴̨͚̼̲̩̱̲̱̈́̑͐͌͘͠ ̷͔̺̣͎̩̗̥͐̈́̊͑h̴͎͈̯̪̖͖͉̎͝a̴͎͆͝į̸̢̧̪̣̜̥̞̲̖͛̔̆r̴͈͈̍̇͌̌̃͜p̷̣͇̬̻̼̟͛̃̆̌̇̊̍́̚i̵̧̖̤̫͚͊̐͊n̷̺͓̖͒͗̀̋͠! I immediately grabbed the hairpin, bolting out of the basement.

This can't be a coincidence. This hairpin belongs to J̶̥́u̴̪̣̪̼̺͚̗͚̘̺͒͑̃̑͝͝d̴̥̱̀̐͘y̸͍̦̣͓͆̆̐̍͘͝!

My heart was beating fast, my palms were all sweaty and my hair was dishevelled. 'I've got to tell everyone!' I thought to myself, hurriedly running up the stairs.

My thoughts were racing and all messy, I just couldn't think straight. ₕₒw dᵢd ₜₕₑ ₕₐᵢᵣₚᵢₙ gₑₜ ₜₕₑᵣₑ?! Wh¥ wå§ ï† †hêrê?! ωhⓎ Ⓦαˢ Ŧ𝐡𝔼 pl𝐚c𝐞 şσ 𝔠ĹẸᗩη 𝐚ήᗪ ţнᗴ𝔯𝓔 ฬ𝒶s 𝓅σ𝕨Ⓔr?! Wₕy, ₕₒw, wₕy ₕₒw?!

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted. "Woah there!" Harry gasps in surprise. I was panting heavily, desperate to catch my breath.

"Didn't I tell you to stay out of trouble, how many times do I have to say it?" Zion sighs, raising an eyebrow at me. "T-there b-basement h-h-hairpin!" I continued on panting, unable to say something properly.

"Breathe (Y/N).." Harry gently pats my back as the two of them patiently waits for me to catch my breath. "What were you doing down there?" Zion asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as I finally stood up straight.

"I have something to tell you guys.." I stared into their orbs seriously. They leaned in closer, I immediately grabbed something out of my pocket.

It was a h̴͎͈̯̪̖͖͉̎͝a̴͎͆͝į̸̢̧̪̣̜̥̞̲̖͛̔̆r̴͈͈̍̇͌̌̃͜p̷̣͇̬̻̼̟͛̃̆̌̇̊̍́̚i̵̧̖̤̫͚͊̐͊n̷̺͓̖͒͗̀̋͠. J̶̡̜̗̯̥̞̠̊̈̄̊̓͂͋̚͠u̸̡̢̢̫̜̝̬͐͆̚d̷͙͕̩̐̚͘y̸̡̩̜̦͖̭̼̗̙͒́͜'̵̛̗̹̇͛̊̏̅̃͋̅̎s̴̨͚̼̲̩̱̲̱̈́̑͐͌͘͠ ̷͔̺̣͎̩̗̥͐̈́̊͑h̴͎͈̯̪̖͖͉̎͝a̴͎͆͝į̸̢̧̪̣̜̥̞̲̖͛̔̆r̴͈͈̍̇͌̌̃͜p̷̣͇̬̻̼̟͛̃̆̌̇̊̍́̚i̵̧̖̤̫͚͊̐͊n̷̺͓̖͒͗̀̋͠. They stared at me in confusion "What's that?" "It's J̶̡̜̗̯̥̞̠̊̈̄̊̓͂͋̚͠u̸̡̢̢̫̜̝̬͐͆̚d̷͙͕̩̐̚͘y̸̡̩̜̦͖̭̼̗̙͒́͜'̵̛̗̹̇͛̊̏̅̃͋̅̎s̴̨͚̼̲̩̱̲̱̈́̑͐͌͘͠ ̷͔̺̣͎̩̗̥͐̈́̊͑h̴͎͈̯̪̖͖͉̎͝a̴͎͆͝į̸̢̧̪̣̜̥̞̲̖͛̔̆r̴͈͈̍̇͌̌̃͜p̷̣͇̬̻̼̟͛̃̆̌̇̊̍́̚i̵̧̖̤̫͚͊̐͊n̷̺͓̖͒͗̀̋͠." I paused for a moment, glancing at them before continuing. "I had managed to walk into the basement."

Their mouths agape, staring at me as if I was a madwoman. "Are you f*cking crazy?! That's connected to the middle school building and you know it!" Zion stares into my (E/C) orbs.

"Yeah, I know but-.." I paused again "I heard something from down there, so I went to go and check." I sighed, rubbing my arm sheepishly.

"Ugh, not this again. You should've come to us first before going and doing something reckless!" Zion scolds me like a child.

"I tripped over some boxes in the basement, and this h̴͎͈̯̪̖͖͉̎͝a̴͎͆͝į̸̢̧̪̣̜̥̞̲̖͛̔̆r̴͈͈̍̇͌̌̃͜p̷̣͇̬̻̼̟͛̃̆̌̇̊̍́̚i̵̧̖̤̫͚͊̐͊n̷̺͓̖͒͗̀̋͠ was in one of them." I ignored Zion, continuing on what I have to say. Harry nods at me in understanding.

"So, what you're saying is that.." "I didn't do it, I don't want to be blamed anymore." I huffed out. "And I wanna prove it to everyone." I stared into their orbs seriously.

"So, basically, you think that someone is behind all of this." Zion crosses his arms. "But.." Harry hesitates for a moment. "You're right, I think there's enough evidence to say that."

"I guess I can't really tell you to stop suspecting people." Harry sighs, nodding his head slightly. "Enough evidence? Whaddya mean?" Zion raises a brow at Harry.

"There's actually something which I haven't told you guys yet," Harry says. Zion, snapping his head at him. "Hey, you're not supposed to keep secrets." Zion furrows his eyebrows at him.

"I'm sorry, but-.." Harry pauses for a moment. "I just didn't want to split us up like before." He sighs. Zion nods in understanding "So what's the secret?"

"Someone has been accessing the broadcasting room," Harry replies. Zion stares at him in confusion "What? I thought that room was locked."

"Well, we all did." Harry glances at me. "(Y/N) and I went to try the key again, but when we tried it on the broadcasting room it was already open." I nod at him in agreement.

"And, you two have been keeping this from us for how long?" Zion raises an eyebrow at the two of us. "We wanted to tell everyone, but we weren't completely sure," Harry replies.

"Hey (Y/N), do you really have nothing to do with the J̶̡̜̗̯̥̞̠̊̈̄̊̓͂͋̚͠u̸̡̢̢̫̜̝̬͐͆̚d̷͙͕̩̐̚͘y̸̡̩̜̦͖̭̼̗̙͒́͜ thing?" I nod at him "Yes." I stared into Zion's eyes seriously.

"Alrighty then!" Zion smiles at us, placing his hand on my head. "I'll help you." I smiled back at him. "Thanks, Zion." Harry returns the smile.

"What're you thanking me for?" "For believing in us," Harry replies. "Whatever, man." "So, where do we begin?" I glanced at the two of them.

"Well, we can't just bust into the classroom interrogating people." Zion nods, agreeing with Harry. "There could be a possibility of a third person y'know? We must stick with each other on this." Zion says, staring into our eyes.

"I have an idea." Our ears instantly perk up, staring at Harry in anticipation.

-----------------

(A/N): I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more!