CH. 36

Zion scratches his neck sheepishly "Killing that man was totally unnecessary." I nodded at him in agreement. Eugene stayed silent for a while, shock was written all over his face.

"He did save you guys after all, but he must've noticed that he wasn't infected." Zion continued. "He didn't really have to kill the man," Eugene mutters out. "I'm pretty blown away by this." He starts mumbling things to himself.

I don't know whether if I should tell them about what Sue had told me about Lawrence, that'll definitely pin him down. "Well, we'll definitely have to keep an eye on Lawrence." Zion stares at the two of us. Eugene and I nodded at Zion in agreement.

'I think I shouldn't tell them about what Sue had told me about Lawrence for now..' I heaved out a shaky sigh. "You guys should go back and get some sleep, you shouldn't be wandering around this late." Zion looks me in the eye.

"Alright, have a nice rest, Zion." I held Eugene's hand gently, walking out of the room. The two of us walked to our rooms in silence.

~~~~~~~~~

I rubbed my eyes, yawning in exhaustion. I felt stiff and numb, I couldn't really sleep well with all these thoughts running inside my head. I slowly got up, walking towards the windows.

I looked outside, there wasn't really that many zombies roaming around lately. I clasped my hands together, rubbing my palms. It was getting colder and colder each day. I closed my eyes for a bit, praying that when I open them up again, all of this will be over soon.

I heaved out a small sigh, opening my eyes. I started to think about my parents, my friends and my life before all of this had happened. I felt my eyes brimming with tears as the warm liquid from my eyes rolled down my cheek.

I sniffed, wiping my tears away with my sleeve. Just then, I had spotted three dark figures moving around hastily. I suddenly had remembered what that stranger said to us earlier, could they be soldiers?

I needed to find out, I wanted to find out. I hastily walked out of my room, going down to check for myself. As I walked around in the school fields, I crouched down to avoid being seen. The closer I get to the gate, the clearer I could hear them talk.

I felt hopeful and elated, knowing that they were the soldiers that stranger had spoken of.

"Huh, didn't we put one up here?"

"I guess whoever saw must've taken it down."

"Well, let's put one up again."

After they had finished conversing, they had finally walked away. The sounds of their footsteps fading from every step they took. I scurried over to the school gate, I gasped audibly when I had seen the small poster they had put up on the gate wall.

"I-it's legit!" I ripped the poster off, silently apologizing. I stared at it, dumbfounded. My mouth was agape and I knew that I had to tell this joyful news to the others. I immediately rushed inside, my footsteps were quiet as I sprinted in the hallway as fast as I can.

I thought joyfully about the safe zone and that we're all finally going to be safe made my heart pound in excitement. My fast but silent footsteps made it's way to the others to share this good news.

It was very dark inside without any lights, and the hallway was empty. I felt my footsteps slow down, starting to feel the sick turning in my stomach and I didn't know what had caused that. The happiness and excitement that I had felt a while ago were starting to disappear as fear and paranoia kicked in.

I felt a big lump in my throat, looking around carefully with my eyes. Why was I feeling scared all of a sudden?

I made my way quietly, biting my lip. I felt a pair of eyes staring at me, a wave of chills ran down my spine. I felt dread slowly building up inside of me, this feeling was all too familiar.

I started to walk faster, each step felt like an eternity. Just then, I felt someone grab my arm harshly and pulled me inside an unfamiliar room. I yelped in shock and fright, the door closes behind me quietly.

My heart was pounding, my hands were starting to sweat and I was hyperventilating. I didn't know where I was. I saw someone standing in the shadows, their smile made me shudder.

"W-who are you?.." I had managed to mutter out. "Why are you doing this to me?.." I squinted my eyes as they simply smiled at me. I cannot see their face as they stood in the shadows, watching me breathe and simply stare at them.

The figure slowly approaches me. I held my bat tightly, a wave of alert was flowing through my veins. I still tried to identify who they were, but it was so dark inside the room that I couldn't recognize them.

I was frightened. The silhouette walked towards me slowly. I was sure that this is the one who chased me down. "D-did you do all of t-this?" I stuttered out in fear, watching their slow movements.

They simply smile at me, even though it was really dark inside the room, their smile sent chills down my spine. Something about their smile was oddly familiar.

--------------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for more!