CH. 17

I was grateful that Lawrence had decided to go with this patrol, even though it wasn't even his turn. He's always so responsible and he always looks after everyone.

Eugene, Jay, Lawrence and I were in this patrol. I couldn't help but feel a little shy around Lawrence whenever our eyes met. This time, I brought my trusty ol' bat as a weapon.

As we moved along the street, we made sure to check places for where Judy could be hiding. We were a bit disappointed since the only things we found were a frozen bag of perogies and some chips.

We immediately entered a building with a huge sign that said "STATIONARY". We looked around the place, searching for something useful.

"It's empty in here," Lawrence says whilst he was grabbing some pens, checking if they still had ink. "Ugh, it's such a waste of time to even come in here," Jay whines, kicking the things on the ground.

"If you're not going to help then you can just stand by the entrance on the lookout." Lawrence glances at Jay as he walks out of the building. I looked around, grabbing some things that looked useful.

I sighed in disappointment, there was no sign of J̶͍͓̙͉͎͌̈́́̏̀̏̀ͅǘ̵̲̙͖͖̮̻̖͌͑͗̏͝d̵̢͚̙̳̞̭̥͚̈͂̂̈́͋̌̊̈́̚y̴̛̹̗͓͍̅͆̄͊̓͐ anywhere. "There's not much in here.." I turned around, staring at the two guys looking for things that might be useful.

I walked up to Eugene, who seems to be staring at a claw machine. He notices my presence "I was just looking at the stuffed toys inside.." He mutters out. "It's not for looking, it's for playing dummy! I'll try and get you one!" I grinned at him.

He stared at me in shock, giving me the 'are you serious?!' look. I remembered that I had kept my wallet in my bag, I took a few coins and inserted it inside the claw machine.

Eugene watched me play intently. I saw a specific toy that had caught my eye as I giggled and moved the claw to grab it. "Success!" The claw drops the toy in the hole as I kneeled down to grab it.

"It looks just like you!" I squeezed the toy, staring at the blond male. It was a funny looking squirrel with a cap on. "N-no way, it looks more like you!" He points his finger at me as I giggled playfully.

I gave him the stuffed toy. "Really? There's not a single 'thank you' at all?" I pouted cutely, crossing my arms above my chest. His face had a slight tint of red, patting my head as he mumbled a quiet 'thank you'.

I gave him a warm smile, nodding. "You guys ready to go?" Lawrence walks up to us. "Mhm." I nodded, walking out of the building with the two of them.

After a while, I noticed that Eugene has been staring intently at the toy. "What's wrong?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Are you sure that I really look like this?" He points at the toy in his hands. I gasped, placing my hand on my chest acting as if I was shocked. "You really don't recognize your twin?!"

"Shut up." He pouts, placing the toy under his armpits. "At least it's cute," I mumbled under my breath, Eugene's face instantly flushes a bright red as he clearly heard what I had said.

Eugene instantly smirks, teasing me. "What'd you say? C'mon, speak up!" He pokes my cheek gently. Lawrence immediately turns around and shushes the two of us.

~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh, how much longer?" Jay asks, sighing in annoyance. I felt exhausted from all that walking and I could clearly see that the others were too.

"Be quiet!" Lawrence seems quite fed up. "Ugh, whatever." Jay sighs, shoving his hands inside his jacket's pockets. Lawrence ignored Jay's whining, keeping his guard up.

Suddenly, a sharp shattering noise was heard beside me. "What the-!" Jay falls on the ground, pushing me aside.

I started rolling down the stairs leading down to an underground karaoke. My vision suddenly went blurry as I could hear the guys' screams ringing in my ears.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I fluttered my eyes open slowly, groaning in pain. I slowly got up, trying to ignore the stinging pain on my leg. I hold onto my bat, examining the room with my eyes.

I stared at the huge open wound on my leg, blood gushing out slowly. 'D*mn, that was such a pretty bad fall huh?' I grabbed a clean fabric from my bag.

I wiped some of the blood off, tying the fabric around my wound. "This will do for now.." I mumbled to myself.

-----------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for more!