CH. 14

"Where did you get those ice cubes?" I look him in the eye, confused. "Oh, we keep ice cubes in the ice cooler at the storage room." He replies. "Oh.." "I think you should skip your turn for the night watch tonight." Lawrence smiles at me kindly, leaving the room.

I walked up to the window, sighing. I suddenly remembered what Harry said, that the suspicions had ruined everything. The door suddenly slides open but I didn't turn around, continuing to gaze at the beautiful night sky.

They slowly walked up to me, gazing out of the window with me. "You alright?" It was Eugene. "Do I look okay? I'm mad as hell!" I huffed out, crossing my arms.

"Of course you are." Eugene sighs "If I were in your shoes, I could've snapped at her." He stares at my face. "Why didn't you slap her back? I just don't understand why you're being so nice all of the time."

"Well, I just didn't want any trouble while I'm here y'know?" I gaze into his deep orange eyes. "I didn't want to be alone anymore. It's actually nice that I'm with others in this situation." I smile at him.

Eugene was silent for a moment, nodding along. "By the way, have you seen Judy?" He looks me in the eye. "No, I haven't seen her around, why?" "She didn't come for the patrol today, I knocked multiple times at the door but she still didn't answer, so I was like f*ck this and went all by myself." He replied.

I stared into his eyes in shock, starting to get worried. "What? Judy wouldn't miss her patrols! That's so unlike her!" I paused for a minute. "I have to go check on her." I immediately walked out of the door, leaving the room with Eugene trailing behind me.

I made my way to our room, stopping in front of the door. "Judy?!" I knocked on the door. "Are you sleeping? Eugene told me that you skipped your patrol today, is everything oka-" I slide the door open, and Judy wasn't there.

~~~~~~~~~

"I know that there's no meeting tonight but-.." Lawrence pauses for a moment, glancing at me once in a while. "There's something important that we have to discuss." I already knew what he was going to say next, and it's about Judy.

Everyone stares at Lawrence in worry and confusion. "Judy has been missing since the patrol this morning." Lawrence stares at everyone. "Has anyone seen her?"

They all shake their heads. I saw her earlier this morning when we exchanged greetings, Scarlett instantly snaps her head at me. "We all know why Judy is missing!" Scarlett points her finger at me.

"Maybe she ran away?" Jay shrugs his shoulders. "No, it's unlike her to just run away like that." I shake my head in disagreement. Scarlett scoffs "Ever since you came here strange things had started to happen!" She glares at me. "I knew that we should've kicked her out when she first came in here!"

My head falls low, she's right strange things had started happening when I first came here. "This isn't the time for arguments!" Harry glances Scarlett then at me.

"Fighting won't help anything." He sighs. "We're talking about a missing person here.." "Geez, I know." Scarlett crosses her arms. "But, does anyone remember who Judy's roommate was hmm?" She directs her attention to me.

An awkward silence fills the room, everyone starts staring at me. "You're saying that she's behind all of this?!" Zion laughs out loud as if he has heard the funniest joke.

"Why would someone who loves being around people hurt her friend?" Eugene stares at Scarlett. "Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. I also don't want to suspect anybody in here." Harry glances at everyone briefly.

"We can't just pin it on her when there are so many possibilities for Judy's disappearance." Sue sighs. Scarlett scrunches up her face as she was about to say something, but Lawrence immediately interrupts her.

"We could start searching for her now, but it's too dark outside and we can't just take any chances." Lawrence stares into my (E/C) eyes. I sighed deeply, frowning.

"That's why I had saved emergency flashlights." My ears perked up, Lawrence smiling at me. "How come you've never told us?!" Zion furrows his eyebrows whilst crossing his arms.

"There wasn't enough battery, so I wanted to save them for later," Lawrence replies. "I've got two, so let's all team up." Lawrence stares at me, his eyes asking me whether if I wanted to come or not.

I nodded at him "Alright, so we've already got one person in our search team." Lawrence glances at everyone else. "Any volunteers? I'm looking for three to four more." "I'll go.." Ethan stares at Lawrence.

After a while, our search team was Ethan, Sue, Lawrence, and me. I was grateful to them for volunteering in searching for Judy this late at night.

We started roaming around, making sure to check everywhere. My heart was beating fast, terrified and worried at the same time. Lawrence notices this and pulls me in closer to him.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me, I knew that they were starting to suspect me. "I don't think she's out here." Lawrence sighs, gazing into my (E/C) eyes. I nod in disappointment.

We've searched everywhere on the campus, but she was still nowhere to be found. I gazed at the fences, biting my lip questioning myself with 'maybes, what ifs and could haves' Lawrence notices this and shakes his head.

"No, we can't leave the campus." "Yeah, there's too many zombies out there" Ethan stares into my (E/C) eyes. "Yeah, I know.." I sigh in disappointment.

We turned off the flashlights, returning back inside.

-----------------

(A/N): I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and please stay tuned for the next ones!