Epilogue

|-

|-

It had been a long while, a good four years to be exact. For the first time team seven was really back together, back home.

Kakashi was right- nothing ever would be the same, but change was inevitable.

"You're stupid Uchiha" Florence scolded Sasuke, angrily ruffling his raven locks.

The young adult grumbled irritated, swatting her away with his one remaining arm, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" he huffed avoiding her soul eating glare.

Florence gave in, pulling the ninja into her chest and into a tight hug. "You've hurt many people Sasuke and you've broken everyone's trust" her breath ruffled the strands of his hair.

Sasuke shifted, pulling away slightly "I know and I'm sorry". He felt bad, but still if time could be rewound there were little decisions he would make differently.

"Anyways" the older woman sighed, "welcome home" she smiled, happy her ninja children were finally safe and together.

He nodded, still refusing to meet her gaze. The Uchiha did, in all honesty feel bad, he had done horrible things.

"Rest up, ok?" Florence flicked through his hospital chart, setting it down quietly and exiting the room to let him rest.

The kunoichi slid the door closed behind her, coming face to face with a distraught looking Uzumaki.

"How is he?" Naruto questioned. The blonde had been standing there for who knows how long, unable to bring himself to enter.

Florence smiled at the boys kindness, "he's doing ok". The woman pulled the blonde into a short hug before starting her way down the hospital's hallways, "Don't forget to rest up too Naruto".

With a sigh the woman made her way to her office, opening the tiny room. No peace was found within, only her other student Sakura Haruno.

The pinkette fidgeted nervously within a seat, waiting for Florence to enter. The budding medics expression lightened at the sight of her teacher. "Florence! I'm sorry I just want the inside scoop on Sasuke" the pinkette rambled on, egarly grasping the chairs armrest.

Florence sighed, dragging a hand down her face and falling into her desk chair. "He's fine Sakura, what are you really here for?"

The pinkette sheepishly smiled, "I really like him and now he is home and you're engaged and I was hoping for advice?" She twiddled her fingers.

"Me and Kakashi were friends years before we started dating" only becuase he rejected Florence multitudes "perhaps just try and get to know him, take things slow".

The older womans eyes caught on the small band which was wound on her ring finger. It was a sinple gold ring, but the kunoichi didn't need anything more- she loved it- she loved Kakashi.

Sakura nodded perplexed, "I guess that could work" the young medic stood, the chair scraping out behind her, "thanks Florence sensei, oh- and don't forget you agreed to meet Kakashi sensei at five".

Florence nodded, watching her student leave the office. After shuffling through documents and filing some forms the woman slid her sleeve up, checking her watch. With a yelp she jumped up, fleeing the room and the hospital.

It was quarter past five and a pink hue began to bleed across the sky as night drew near.

"Kakashi!" The kunoichi hollered out of breath. As always the jounin waited patiently, reading his favorite oranges covered book.

His face seemed to soften as he caught sight of her.

"Sorry I'm late" she breathed, catching her breath and moving to sit next to him.

Kakashi smiled, slipping his book into his pocket, "I dont mind waiting".

The medic nodded, "anyways, what do you wanna do?" Her voice was soft, fading off into the streets silence.

The silver haired ninja's eyes flickered to her, then to the sky "I just want to watch the sun set with you".

Florence smiled softly, her hand shifting to grasp his, intertwining their fingers. For a moment she allowed herself to gaze at him, watch the warm hues from the suns decent paint upon his skin.

Finally the kunoichi tore away her eyes, realigning them on the sky, it was a beautiful sight.

Kakashi sighed looking down to their hands and catching sight of his perverted book. Its cover was creased, worn and sun bleached. From above yellowed pages his bookmark licked, it was a Polaroid of him and Florence- an old one from many years ago.

He couldn't help the smile that upturned his lips. Kakashi cleared his throat, "I'm happy you're my life Florence".

The kunoichi looked to him squeezing their intertwined hands, "I'm happy you're in my life too".

Kakashi nodded, returning his gaze to the sky. She was, in every sense, his angel, his saving grace.

×

Welcome to the end.

Thank you♡

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨. || 𝐊. 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 [Editing] 🎉