xxxvi

|-

|-

Jiraya saw her before Naruto. He watched silently with a quaint smile as the light haired kunoichi strode over.

When she came close enough the man slung a heavy arm around her shoulders, pulling her to his chest. For the first time she hugged him back, her face burried in his sholder.

"Florence- Sensei!" Naruto yelled (even though he was only a near foot or two away). "Good morning!" A bright smile was spred on his face.

Though his gleeful attitude quickly died as another tadpole sprung from his summoning attempt.

"Ah come on!" The blonde wined glaring at the wriggling amphibian.

The light haired woman pulled away from Jiraya to peer at her genin. "Good morning" a calm look graced her face as she waved.

Naruto stared at for a moment before another smile graced his face. The blonde could still see the emptiness in her face, but somehow she seemed different.

"Show him how it's done Florence" Jiraya laughed heartily at his pupils multiple failed attempts. His hand slapped against the womans back lightly, urging her forward.

The kunoichi glared at him, "ah, I haven't in a while, I'm probably just as bad as Naruto". Her finger scratched at her cheek, trying to avoid the situation Jiraya had shoved her into.

A large exaggerated arrow stabbed through Narutos chest at her unintentional insult.

"Nonsense" the sage bellowed unaware (or blatantly ignoring) her discomfort.

For a moment Florence glared at the old man, it would do nothing but still she hoped her eyes would burn holes in his skull. Finally the kunoichi gave in "fine" she grumbled.

Naruto sprung up, excited at her words, watching with anticipation.

The light haired woman bit her thumb, wincing at the pain and slamming her palm into the matted grass. A large cloud of smoke swirled around their training grounds smearing everyone's view.

Jiraya smirked proudly, "you've still got it huh?" He chuckled, patting the slugs side.

Naruto gasped, speechless. Florence was poised on top of the biggest slug he had ever seen. It was probably as tall as a house, maybe even bigger.

Slime coated the ground around the squishy creature as it slightly shifted.

"Thank you" the kunoichi whispered quietly, petting the animals head. It moved into her hand with a quaint noise and in second as if nothing had even happened the slug proofed away.

Florence landed crouched on the ground, feet and hands covered in the animals mucus. She stepped out of the sticky substance, returning to the sages side, "happy?"

The old man nodded with a coy smile, "always am".

"How did you do that!" Naruto yelled. The blonde has never really seen Florence fight, or use any sort of ninjutsu. What was the kunoichi capable of?

Embarrassed Florence scuffed the grass with her heel "the same way you did".

Motivated Naruto knelt back down, slamming his hand into the matted ground. His result in summoning was a small frog.

"Good job" Jiraya praised, Atleast it wasn't another tadpole.

Still, Naruto wined at the amphibian, watching as it poofed away. "How long did it take Florence to learn how to summon?"

Although his question was directed at the sage, it was the kunoichi who replied. "That doesn't matter Naruto, it's different for everyone".

"Ah, stop being so polite kid" Jiraya laughed, wrapping his arm around the kunoichi again, "first try" he answered Naruto's question.

The sage acted like her proud dad.

"Maybe so, but you're doing great Naruto" Florence glared at Jiraya, trying to remotivate her genin.

In silence the trio went on watching Naruto switch between summoning small frogs and tadpoles. Before they knew it the day had begun slipping away and small reddish hues of sunset danced in the sky.

"Let's call it day" the old man stayed, patting Naruto on the back, "good job".

"Come on" Florence lead Naruto down the street of the small town, "I'll treat you to ramen". She watched the blonde's face light up, he ran down the darkened street towards the ramen stand.

His smaller hand grasped her wrist dragging her into a run behind him.

Florence felt the air flutter through her hair, the ruffling of wind in her clothes and breath in her lungs. She felt alive for the first time in a long time. She had forgotten this feeling and the funny thing is, she didnt even realize she had.

Behind him Naruto looked back, he saw the old glow in her pupils. The kid watched as her jaw cracked open a tingle of laughter streaming out.

The two stopped outside the stand, the golden glow from its lanterns igniting their features.

"Why are you crying?" he asked densely noticing the crystal likr tears rolling down her face.

Florence's laughter died into an array of hiccups. She sniffled, "I feel alive" the kunoichi breathed heavily feeling the air in her chest and the beating of her heart.

She had never felt such a euphoric feeling, it was as if everything she saw, everything she touched was new.

Naruto smiled, dragging her to the ramen stand  "let's eat".

Everything almost felt right, even if it was for a fleeting second.

×

Unedited lol.

I'm gonna try and focus on this book becuase it's so close to being done, so be prepared for its ending lovelies!

Happy Tuesday, I hope everyone is happy and healthy♡♡