xiii

BABY STEPS

"BYE, NARUTO" FLORENCE WAVED AS THE BLONDE KNUCKLE HEAD RAN OUT OF SIGHT. She then turned to Kakashi, "that wasn't so bad was it?"

He groaned, walking out of the small restaurant. "Whatever, let's just go home". Kakashi hooked an arm around her neck and started dragging her away with a closed eye smile.

"So.  . ." She wiggled her head free of his hold and instead took hold of his hand. "When can I meet the rest?"

"Never".

"You know I'm going to meet them right?" Florence looked up to meet his eye.

Kakashi's foot slightly hesitated as he stared at her. The way her lips were slightly parted or how her eyes squinted from the sun. Even the stray strand of hair that loomed in her eyes. It all seemed to stop his heart.

"Kakashi?" Are you listening? She leaned closer.

"Ya. Whatever. Can you please not though". The male let out a long sigh which lead into a dry chuckle.

"I just want to see your world".

"Florence, don't you know?" Kakashi stopped their movement to face her in the middle of the street. His hands rose to her face, cupping her cheeks and rubbing under her eyes. "You already see my world. You are my world".

Florence's head went haywire. Combusting into a puddle of mush. Smoke rose from her head and her knees quivered weakly.

It was obvious the effect he held on her heart.

He laughed watching her face heat up to a burning red.

"Shut up baka, shut up!" She weakly pushed him away and continued down the street.

Though the male only lightly jogged before catching up to her. He took back her hand, swinging it until they reached their doorstep.

By then Florence had managed to piece herself back together.

She walked into the entry way, sliding off her shoes and walking upstairs to her bedroom.

The door clicked behind her hands as she closed it. The female then moved to curl up in the bed. A place of everlasting comfort and warmth. Florence's bones were cold.

Her day wasn't bad, infact it was one of the better days she'd had in a long while. Yet it was over and the cold numbness had  begun to seep back into her again.

Florence took this as a curse.

This numbness, that made her feel so disconnected and. . . and ghostly. Florence took it as her curse, a burden she had to bear for all her sins.

So she laid there in a fetal ball falling out of the world.

The bedroom door creaked open and ray of light leaked in.

"Hey" the whispering voice of Kakashi filled the silence. He stepped into the room and moved to sit on her bed. "You good?"

"Yep".

"Ok". He laid beside her, an arm across her waist. "You don't have to deal with this alone, Florence"

She sighed and turned around to lay her head on his chest. "Shhh".

His hold on her seemed to tighten, "florence".

She huffed. Breath fanning against his chest. "Kakashi. Shut up. I'm tired, let's just sleep".

He nodded in the pillow, choosing not to argue anymore. Somethings weren't ment to be pressured and Florence was one of them. Instead Kakashi simply pulled her closer.

×

I should of mentioned this before, but this book does contain hints of depression so be careful reading. And remeber yall are great so keeping doing you🌟

I love all votes, reads and comments 💖💖 and this is unedited!