¹²

PARENTING

5 YEARS LATER

"SO?" Florence sat anxiously on the couches edge as her best friend walked in.

The silver haired man sighed and kicked off his shoes. Without answering he walked to the kitchen and started pillaging through the fridge.

Florence stood and padded over to his side, pulling the fridge door from his grip and closing it. "Kashi, did they pass?"

He groaned turning to face the greenette "sadly".

So, alot had happened in five years.

Kakashi finally gave up the anbu career and choose to be jounin instead. For the past handful of years he'd be given a squad of new genin. Sadly, every time he failed his squad, or- that was until this year.

"So who are they?" She fluttered around him like a pestering bird.

"The nine tails, Uchiha and a Haruno" he swatted her away and opened the fridge again, "when was the last time we went shopping?"

Florence closed the fridge on him again, "sounds like an interesting group, when can I meet them?"

He stopped to look at her, her eyes seemed to twinkle. "Never".

"Kakashi!" She chased him as he left the room.

"What"

They walked around the house, slowly increasing pace until they were sprinting. Florence slid down the banister and hopped on the escaping male.

Her sudden weight unsteadied him and they both fell to the hardwood floors.

"God, what are you doing" his eyes were scrunched up and closed as he winced in pain.

Florence sat on his waist with reddened cheeks. It was still true that the duo weren't dating (let alone married) and after five years of waiting she had given up on him. Or atleast tried to.

Her words stuck, clogged in her throat.

Kakashi opened his eyes and they fell into an awkward stare.

She shook her head, getting back on track. "When can I meet them?"

"Never, you have a job, and this squad is mine. Do I go to the hospital and bother you? No".

Florence wined, "Kakashi we are like their parents" she straightend her back, placing a hand on her heart. "We mentor them".

He sighed again, "correction, if anything they are my children, not yours".

"Fine". Her mood descended as she climbed off of him.

"Wait, where are you going?" He felt it, the bubbling regret in his gut. He had hurt her feelings.

Kakashi climbed to his feet and jogged to catch up to her receding form.

Florence has reached the door before she finally replied. "I don't want to be late for work". Her hand grasped her coat before pushing out the door.

Kakashi groaned before chasing her outside, why did she have to be like this?

"Florence?" He squeezed through a couple walking down the street. "Florence?"

She ignored him and proceeded to walk faster. A few minutes later and she could still here his calls.

"Is that you? Kakashi- sensei" a blonde headed knuckle head began chasing the silver haired man, who in turn chased Florence.

When she heard the word sensei, Florence stopped. This was it, her chance to meet one of his students. "Hello". She swung around, coming face to face with a tired Kakashi.

Naruto looked between the two before pointing to the green haired woman "who are you and how do you know Kakashi- sensei?"

Florence covered her mouth as she slightly snickered. "I'm Florence, Kakashi's bestfriend".

Naruto seemed alarmed by her response, jumping back, "Kakashi- sensei has friends?!"

The woman had a smug look on her face as she faced Kakashi. She was enjoying this way too much.

"Florence, don't you have work?" He glared at her. All remorse for hurting her feelings dissipating.

They locked in an electrifying glare, Naruto watched innocently.

"No, it seems I forgot I dont have any shifts today, funny, right?" A monotone chuckle fell dryly from her lips.

"Still, you must have some errand to run" he challenged her, pushing her to leave.

Florence only smiled and broke away from his gaze to face the blonde. "Naruto, Kakashi and me were headed for lunch, intrested in joining?" Florence was determined to meet Kakashi's squad.

Naruto smiled widely, he felt wanted, a sensation from his lonely childhood. "Only if its Ichiraku's ramen!"

"Of course" Florence ruffled his messy hair and gripped Kakashi's hand, dragging him down the street. "Let's get to know each other!"

 "Let's get to know each other!"

I kinda love this chapter 🙈

Also sorry for being late, I've been working on a new book and my life had been kinda hectic. I will be writing alot this week though.

I love all votes, reads and comments 🌟

Edited 8/21/20