¹⁰

HOME

FLORENCE WAS PRACTICALLY LAYING DOWN ON THE BENCH AS KAKASHI LEANED OVER HER. "Let's get some barbecue". The male grinned at her through his mask before sitting up.

Before she could blatantly reject his offer the man stood and hauled three green haired girl up by her wrists. "Hey! I have work" her free hand reached out to grab his shoulder.

Kakashi meerly shook Florence's grip off and slid his hand down her wrist to hold her hand instead. "Come on, it'll be like a date!" His eyes turned into crescent a shape as he smiled. A fake sounding chuckle even escaped his lips.

Florence was less enthusiastic. Her heart started to beat faster at his words. It felt as though a sledge hammer was thumping against her rib cage.

She wouldn't kid herself. The girl knew that his words were only ment platonically (like always) but that didn't help the love induced feels that transcended over her.

"Ah yea" her words were faint as a heavy blush rose on her cheeks. Florence's head felt empty, like a balloon.

"Great" he kept hauling her forwards at a jogging pace until they reached the restaurant.

Entering they were quickly sat at a table. Kakashi ordered the usual for the both of them without looking at the menu. The duo had been here many a times before, so many infact that the staff knew their names and their order.

The sweet worker nodded her head before walking away.

As they waited for food the duo fell into a comfortable silence. It was unlike Kakashi's fake personality to let silence grow, but with Florence it was something that happened often.

It wasn't the fact that she was boring, it wasn't that at all. It was just that he didn't have to pretend around around her. He didnt have to fake happy or anything. They didn't need to speak because basking in each other presence was enough.

Soon the waitress came sauntering back and laid down their first round of raw meat. This plate consisted of the classic beef strips, along with some fish and pork.

Kakashi watched from behind lidded eyes as Florence licked her lips. She looked so sweet and naive in that moment. He almost didnt want to look away.

"Come on, what'cha looking at" she smiled a rare smile at him and clicked her chop sticks in his face.

He snapped from her hypnotic trance and picked up a few pieces of beef and laid them on the grill.

It wasn't long until the savory smell of roasting meat wafted through the air.

"Here" Kakashi placed a few pieces of meat from the grill onto her plate.

She nodded in acknowledgement and began eating. Groan escaped her mouth as she chewed, "God, I love barbecue!" The girl wailed.

Kakashi chuckled and started eating too. "I know" .

"Shut up" she glared at him playfully.

He rolled his eyes and soon their second platter of food arrived. This time it was full of various vegetables, including peppers, mushrooms, onion, carrot and more.

"Ew" she flicked a piece of mushroom at Kakashi.

He stared at her blankly.

The look was supposed to be intimidating, but Florence wasn't scared. She was mesmerized by his, the way the light shone on his hair and shadows cast in the ridges of his face.

A rosy blush bloomed on her face in a deep shade that she couldn't hide.

"You okay?" A concerned look transcended on his face. "Do you have a fever? Your face is red".

She shook her head and backed away as his hand outstretched to her.

He leaned over the table and his palm met her forehead. Somehow the blush on her face seem to darken, her cheeks burning.

"Calm down, I'm fine" she shook his hand away and placed her palms on her cheeks to cool them down. Her hands were always cold. As ways the girl could feel the ridged scar which lined up her face beneath her fingers.

"Okay, just don't overwork yourself". It was a rare genuine response and once again the duo fell into a stagnant silence.

"Ah shut up Kashi" as quick as the silence dissipated and another mushroom soared through the air.

When we get to chapter 10 🤯 omg.

I FINISHED MY EXAMS!!

I'm free from studying and can now write basically whenever I want!

Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

Thanks for all the votes comments and reads.

Edited 8/19/20