Butter Him Up?

A/n- sorry for my consistent forgetfulness towards updating this book. I've slowed on my writing since I've been actually playing through the game, and I've just in general been doing other things, lol. I hope the chapters are enjoyable nonetheless.

-Ignis POV-

I had woken up at about the time I typically would. A good two hours before everyone else. I felt refreshed for the first time in a while, and my comfort was excelled with the location I was in relation to Gladio.

I slowly got out from his grasp. I didn't want to, but, if I wasn't up and coercing everyone to motivate, then we wouldn't motivate. I did what everyone typically does in the morning.

I walked to the door of the hotel and felt a jump in my chest. Memories of the last time I went out hit my mind. I hesitated and looked around before I made my final verdict on going out or not. My eyes wondered over the sleeping bundle of people, especially over Gladio and his shirtless glory that I fawned over like a teenage girl at a concert.

I decided waking them uneccassarily over my own nerves wouldn't be wise and left despite my gut telling me not too. The place we stayed was more of a pitstop for hunters to have a bite, rather than the Galdin quay were commoners came to imagine what the Altissa sunset would feel like. If that man were to stop by, the folk around were more awake at this time, I would be... Fine.

I was letting my worries roam for so long that I had entered the Crow's Nest diner quicker than I had anticipated. I shook my head slightly, and folded my arms.

Me and the chef locked eyes. He gave a warm smile as I walked up to the stool.

"Howdy!" He beamed.

"Hello. Can I get a glass of that?" I asked pointing towards the Ebony machine that had a heavenly glow in my eyes.

The chef chuckled and grabbed a newspaper.

"If you're who I think, you also would also like one uh these?" He asked handing me the paper.

I gave a small genuine smile and happily accept the paper.

I started reading as I heard the machine start up. Not too much longer the chef got my attention and handed me the cup. I accepted happily and went back to my reading.

I was half way done with my Ebony when I felt my pocket vibrate. I put my drink down and reached my hand into my pocket. My phone read boldly Iris' name and number. I hummed curiously as I answered and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned as my eyes went back to my paper. I heard a Shakey breath before anything was said.

"Iggy?" It was indeed Iris, and she was clearly distressed.

"What has happened, love?" I questioned in a calming demeanor.

"Something has happened. They... They..." She sobbed again and I no longer was as calm as I slowly stood from the stool and placed the paper down.

"They? Who? What's has happened?" I tried keeping my calm tone as I slowly exited the diner.

"The... Imperials. They stopped by... They, they took Jared." She sobbed again.