Temporarily Muted

-Iggy POV-

"You're the adviser specs, if anything you should be encouraging me to want to get more supplies than we need." Noct was one hundred percent correct.

"I hadn't thought of it that way, very unlike me. You are correct. When it comes to curatives, one can never own too many." Apparently the drug had caused my brain to Tiff. I was very embarrassed of the whole situation, however my Ig-norance prevented me from displaying my emotions.

"You get it! Now, let's move along." Noct mindlessly jumped off the road and started heading across the field.

I limited my questions as I didn't feel the need to do so. I requested we get productive, and he was doing such.

While we traveled, I noticed something rather interesting. Both me and Prompto appeared more jittery than we typically did. I had my reasons, but I couldn't quite pinpoint his.

"Everything alright, Prompto?" I whispered to him as we moved along.

"Uh-huh." Was all he said.

His face didn't change though, he still looked on edge.

"Are you certain?" I asked on last time.

"Uh-huh." He drew out the U's in huh.

I knew based off that he wasn't sincerely good, but I figured if it was bad he would turn to Noct. I was the cunning one of our group, yet he found more solace in our dear prince. I didn't need to ponder why Noct was his solace. The pair were... close... friends. I had the misfortune of walking in while they were showing each other their... Mutual respect.

"Ignis! Are you listening?" I suddenly heard yelled snapping me out if my thoughts.

Before I gained awareness of my surroundings, I had walked into something. That something I quickly learned had been a tree. I bit my lips to prevent myself from groaning. I lightly rubbed my forehead and nose.

Whilist I was trying to act natural, I heard all the guys laughing at my despair. I shot them a glare and folded my hands behind my back as I cleared my throat and walked towards them. All if them were red from laughter. I personally had to hold my breath to stop myself from joining in the scwabble.

"You guys find that humourous?" My question only amped the laughter up exponentially.

"That... Iggy!" Was all that Gladio managed to say as he was out of breath.

"Guys! Guys!" Noct tried starting as he bit his toungue to stop any more laughter, "Remember, remember what I said!" The guys laughter finally settled so we could communicate.

They all just stood taking heavy breaths. Just as Noct tried saying what he was going to, both Gladio and promtpi let out horrific wheezes.

"Guys!" Noct tried once again, letting out a giggle. I crossed my arms at their immaturity, "It was not that funny."

"It totally was, dude! Did you see Iggy's face." Prompto questioned resulting in Noct's face turning into a forced frown. He broke laughing with them.

I shook my head and looked down. I thought I did good keeping my trademark poker face. I looked back up and put my glasses higher on my nose.

I suddenly heard a noise other than the boys and turned my head to look. I saw some shuffling in the bushes and assumed it was a varmit. I tensed and readied my weapons.

Suddenly I felt something on my shoulder. I, out of instinct, whipped around and held my daggers out in self defense. To my surprise, Gladio stood with his hands up in a surrendering pose as I held one my sharpened daggers against his jugular vein, while the other pressed lightly just below his sternum.

My eyes widened when I realized what I was doing. I seethed my daggers just as quickly as I drew them and gave him an apologetic look. He didn't move and stood frozen with his hands up. I bowed slightly.

"My apologizes, dear Gladio." I said looking up into his eyes.

He opened his mouth to say something, but cut himself off by suddenly pulling me towards and behind him. He drew his sword and kept a hand firmly on my chest. Before I could ask him what the matter was, a varetooth popped out of the bush.

"Showtime." Noct said reminding me he and Prompto were here.

I drew my daggers again and me and the rest of the... Chocobros... As Prompto like to referre to us as, took no time to make easy work of the pack. As much as I refused to admit, I quite enjoyed the name. It had a cute charm that only prompto could think of. Maybe Noct, on a good day.

To clean the pack, Noct did a couple of quick warp strikes using that Ultima Blade he had acquired from that one Cid. Gladio, Prompto, and I barely had to lift a finger.

"Ba ba ba-ba-ba ba ba ba-ba-ba-ba!" Prompto sang as we all wiped the metaphorical sweat from our foreheads.

"Sounds like someone's having fun." Gladio assumed.

"Bascing I'm our hard fought victory I presume" I added somewhat facetiously.

The guys gave an amused look, apparently they had gotten my humor.

We huddled back together and Noct started up a conversation.

"Ok guys, remember what I had said?" Gladio and Prompto hummed, I felt my cheeks go red as I was left the odd man out.

"Iggy? We're you not paying attention?" Gladio said mockingly.

"I, well, I have not a clue what you are referring to, I am always listening." I lied.

"Ok, so you know exactly where to be and when, when we get there?" I wanted to nod, but I didn't want to be the soul reason whatever he has planned fails.

"I... Gladio hasn't made a mistake, I have heard not one word."

"That's what I figured. I'd rather that be it rather than the tree." He laughed with the rest of the guys.

I slightly smirked, and waited silently for him to further explain the plan to me. I was typically the one with he plan, so this was a happy surprise.

"Put simply, we are gonna put a dent in the empire..."

-To Be Continued-