Kill It If It Has No Use

A/N- the art piece here was made by moi. I based it off of an image I had taken in the game.

 I based it off of an image I had taken in the game

Anyhoo here's another 'wonderful' chapter. I hope you enjoy, but you prolly won't.

-Prompto POV-

I put my head on Noct's chest as we went to bed after a long day of gaming. Not too much later I had fallen asleep. The dream I had started normal, but slowly turned sad and weird.

-Enter Dream-
-Prompto POV (still)-

"NOCT!" I yelled happily as he started walking down the grand staircase after some more royalty things.

"Hey." He said blankly as I ran up to him and have him a tight hug.

"What did Mr. King Regis Sir, want to talk to you about today?"

"Dad? Oh not much." He shrugged. He didn't usually tell me what happened and today was no different. Despite him never telling me anything, I always always asked. I kinda felt useless at times.

I wasn't born into anything important. I wasn't port of a family line of royal crownsguard, and I didn't muscle my way into it either. I just happen to help out a dog who was linked to the royal people, and the person who I crossed with caught a liking for me.

I took a frustrated sigh at my own words and remembered where I was. Noct had walked past me and was standing at the very bottom of the stairs. He was looking at me waiting for me to move. His eyes seemed oddly cold. His entire presence was strange. He seemed almost angry. I didn't know what or who cause his anger, but I assumed it had to do with something Regis said. King Regis isn't a mean person, he's an amazing king and an even more amazing dad, so I definitely second guessed that assumption.

As we were walking, my assumption was quickly proven wrong, but in the worst way. Once we had rounded a bend Noct suddenly stopped walking and turned towards me. Be fire I could asked or say anything, he grabbed my neck and pushed me against a wall.

"I know what you actually are!" He yelled loudly making my heart speed up and my legs begin to shake.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" I asked genuinely confused, and unconcealably scared.

"You're not one of us you never have and never will be! You're not a commoner either!"

"What do you mean? How am I anything lower than a commoner?" My voice cracked and squeaked. Tears began flowing down my cheeks.

"You're one of those magitek fucks! You're, you're-" he growled out of rage, "YOURE LESS THAN NOTHING!" He raised me up with his voice. I could hardly breath.