A Nightmare NOT of My Own

-Noctis POV-

Not too long after falling asleep, and NOT having a nightmare for the first time in forever, I woke up with a warm feeling on my chest. I didn't think much of it until I realized it was a wet type of warm. I let out a quiet ew and opened my eyes. Lucky for me, it was just Prompto and his drool. I hummed happily and looked down at the blonde cutie. I was about to pass out again before I heard him say something quietly.

"Noct!~"he mumbled cheerily, "What did Mr. King Regis Sir, want to talk to you about today?" A smile plastered across my face at his question.

He always was right there waiting for my royal things to be finished. He always asked me what happened, my answer was always something different. It made my day whenever he would ask me that simple question.

After a couple of seconds the entire time of his sleeping voice had changed and the hand he had resting on my chest had turned to a fist. He let out a small wimper and his breathing started wavering. I put my head gently on the back of his head and played with his hair. His breathing went back to normal and he went to snoring normally again.

I thought he was all good and I soon started dozing off again. I was extremely confused when suddenly he started making weird noises I've never heard before. It wasn't any language or in any pattern it was just like growling or something. I scrunched up my brows and looked down at him. His face was one that looked like pure confusion, he looked scared. I put my hand back on his head, but this time moreso on his temple. I rubbed his cheek gently with my thumb. He must've taken my nightmare today.

Every minute or so he would make a weird... Arhacjph sound. I couldn't explain it. He kept this going for a good five or six minutes, until suddenly he went quiet again.

"Kill it if it has no use." He said in a menacing voice. Mocking Iggy's accent.

His entire body jumped and his arm that's hand was just resting as a fist on my chest extended and pulled me tightly into his grasp.

"Useless piece of shit!" He yelled loudly causing me to jump a little too. I looked over and he had startled Gladio and Iggy too. I decided it would be a good time to try and wake him.

I sat up slowly, and gently put my face in his cheek.

"Prompto. Prompto. Prompto." I whispered not getting a reaction from him, "Prompto! Prompto! Prompto!" I said even louder, not being too loud so the people next door could hear, but loud enough that Iggy and Gladio heard.

Iggy sat up and grabbed his glasses. He walked over still sleepily and tried asking him as well.

"Prompto, are you well?" He said with usual elegance.

"Yeah, I'm good, Iggy. You're voice is so sexy.~" Promto cooed back still completely asleep. I had to hold back laughter at his hilarious reaction. I looked over at Iggy who had become completely flustered at the compliment. I let the grin appear and then put my hand in between Prompto's shoulder and shook him.

He hastily opened his eyes and looked around at us confused.

Iggy was still flustered out of his mind and Gladio was... angry? Im not sure what he was but he was something that I wouldn't want to of caused.

"It's about time you woke up! We've been trying to wake you for like the past half hour!" I said with the worry I didn't realize I had coming out.

"What the hell were you dreaming about?" Gladio questioned in a demanding tone.

"Um, nothing." That answer was bullshit, he was definitely dreaming about something important.

"Didn't sound like nothing. What's up with Iggy's voice, why were you gawking over it?" Oh, he wasn't mad, he was jealous. That made so much sense, though I don't know why that would trigger him so.

Instead of saying anything else, Prompto just stared as his face went beet red. It was adorable, though it did make me wonder.

Gladio stood up and started walking towards Prompto malicious-intently. I saw Prompto tense up at his action. I myself gulped and tense up to, preparing myself to fend off the big man from my man. Luckily for all of us, Iggy stepped between Prompto and Mr. Tall buff holy crap.

"You are... NOT, about to lay your hands on him." Iggy said sternly

"You're right, I'm gonna shove my foot up his little ass." I could help myself from laughing again at the comedy of the quip.

"Hey, Gladio, why are you being so agressive? It was just a dream." I said realizing the seriousness of this situation.

"A dream about MY Iggy." He said without thinking causing all of us to stare shocked. Ignis's eyes nearly fell out and he turned the bloodhorn red and turned around looking down. Me and Prompto on the other hand, both stared at him in disbelief of his claiming of specs.

Gladio immediately covered his mouth and retreated back away from Prompto. His entire demeanor turned into one closer to his normal one.

"It, uh, wasn't about him. It was about something else." He said quietly still shook from Gladio's adorably scary reaction.

"Then... I guess I'm...I guess I'm sorry. What was it about? Would you like to enlighten us?"

"Um, nothing much." Once again, nothing much, was not the actual answer. I shot Prompto a look that let him know I knew he wasn't saying everything.

"You can tell us. Obviously we don't judge." I reassured him.

"I know, but I just... No." I sighed but didn't push him to say anything he didn't want to. I crawled over to him on the bed and put my hand on his broad shoulder. I shot him a warm smile and planted a kiss on his forehead. His face went a light shade of pink, but he didn't look away. I looked over at the clock yawning and was happy to see it was only five. Yay, three more much needed hours of sleep.

"Hey, it still early," I started looking around the guys, prompto and Gladio listened, bit Iggy was in his own world, "I don't know about you guys, but I could really use those three hours." Gladio and Prompto hummed but Ignis simply stood there quietly.

"Sounds like a grand idea, however, breakfast isn't going to make itself, so while you guys rest up for an extra three, I'll pray for at least one good one." I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and nodded.

I lifted Prompto gently bridal like and scooted him back into his spot, he giggled at my action. I lifted the blanket and then laid back down. Prompto went right back to cuddling up to me.

"We are going to be productive today, yeah?" Ignis asked hopeful as we all started dozing.

"Yeah..." I said sleepily as I passed out.

-To Be Continued-