10. Burgh N Route

(Image Credit: Pokemon Bulbapedia)

"Hmm, what to paint..."

Burgh tapped his brush, staring at his blank canvas. He turned to his Leavanny who stood next  to him making a silk blanket. "Artist block is such a rumble, don't you agree? I think I'm going to head out."  He grinned and pat Leavanny on the head and walked out of his gym, heading to the streets. He looked around, seeing business men and women walking in a hurry. However, he spotted someone very different and unique looking. He had a black and white cap with cool  looking jewelry. "Oh my, what gorgeous hair!," exclaimed Burgh. He quickly headed towards N and smiled. 

"Yoohoo! Excuse me!"

N startled turned around and flinched when he saw who it was. Burgh stared at him, his eyes narrowing at his face. "Oh, you seem familiar. N, was it? Weren't we all at the pokemon league two years ago?"  N nodded hesitantly, looking behind the corner of the street. Confused, Burgh looked past him wondering what he was concerned about. 

He noticed  Y/N, Hugh and Samurott standing there talking. Burgh gasped and turned to N confusedly. "Why are you staring at my precious Y/N and Samurott?"  He glanced at him bleakly, lowering his hat.

"...I better get going."

He fled off quickly, leaving Burgh dumbfounded but concerned. Suddenly he heard his name called. He turned around and saw Y/N run to him, giving him a hug. He smiled and spin her around, glancing at Samurott and Hugh who walked towards them. 

"I'm so glad to see you Burgh," she said happily. He chuckled, putting his hand on her shoulder. "And I'm glad you're here my muse! I was starting to worry that you had forgotten about your handsome bug lover friend."  Hugh rolled his eyes, looking at the map in his hands. "Well, we should get going. We still need to get through here and then head to route four. And that means Nimbasa city."  Y/N nodded and gave Burgh one last hug. 

They waved goodbye, but didn't notice N secretly hearing them. He sighed, looking up at the sky that towered with tall buildings.

"...Nimbasa city, huh?"

As they made their way towards route four, Samurott looked at his trainer a bit sad. She noticed his face and scratched his white fur. "What is it buddy? Hugh, hold on."  They stopped walking, worried about the pokemon. Samurott then nudged Hugh's hand which was holding the map. Intrigued, he opened it and let Samurott see it. He then placed his nose on top of a location, Nuvema Town. Y/N's eyes widened.

"That's where...we used to live."  

It was a long time ago, when Y/N was only six. That was also when her parents were alive. Samurott and Lucario were only small pokemon when they were with them, Bisharp still not in the picture. How she wished he got to meet her parents. They were all happy and a lovely family, until the accident. They had to move to Flocessy Town in Alder's home for a couple years until Xier was old enough.

She looked at Samurott with a sad smile. "I know how you feel buddy, but we got to keep moving. Nuvema is pretty far away, but I promise we'll go there someday! Okay?"  Samurott, trusting his trainer, nodded. Hugh sighed, looking at the gate that leads to route four and then to Nimbasa.

"Well, let's go then."