24. Giant Chasm

(Image Credit: Tkpt on ArtStation)

(Long Chapter)

"Samurott, Hydro Pump!"

Along with the help of their pokemon, the group fought Team Plasma who has attacked Opelucid City with a mysterious power of making everything turn to ice. Y/N shivered in the cold as  she and Samurott ran around the city in search of more grunts. She and the others had to stop them quick before things could get out of hand. She could not spot anyone dressed in black and grey however, so she heads back to Hugh who took care of things near the Pokemon Center.

"Hey Y/N!,"  Hugh shouts as  she approaches him, "I think we stopped them, for now at least."  She nods and smiled when she notices N walking towards them with  his Zoroark. He smiles back at her, trying his hardest not to blush in a serious  situation. He coughs awkwardly and turns to Hugh.

"Everything is clear near the gates. Let's go check if Drayden  needs any help."  They all head towards the gym and could hear yelling from him who was  seen on the floor on his knees obviously irritated. Hugh quickly helps him up as they go towards him.

"Drayden! Are you alright?,"  asked Y/N worried. He nods once he was up, looking ahead towards the fountain with its water turned to pure ice.

"...One of the Shadow Triad got hold of the DNA Splicers and ran off,"  Drayden mutters. "They caught me by surprise, I couldn't..."  He shakes his head angrily.

"Don't worry, we'll get them back,"  Hugh says confidently. N nods, then points towards the gate that leads to route 11 and much more.

"I overheard some grunts  saying that Team Plasma is making base at  the Giant Chasm near Lacunosa Town. They most likely will be causing trouble over there. We need to find out what  they are planning with the DNA Splicers..."

Hugh froze. "G-giant Chasm? You mean we need to go over there?"  Y/N shrugs and grabbed N's hand who looked at her with great surprise. He turned away quickly hiding his red face. He had completely forgotten that he was right with  her in this mission and he knew it would be difficult if he kept blushing around her, making Hugh probably angry. He took a deep breath as he followed Y/N and Hugh towards the gate with  her dragging him. I guess  she didn't want him leave or ditch them. She looked back Drayden with a sincere grin.

"Be back Drayden! It was nice seeing you again!"

Passing through route 11 was easy. Village Bridge was a bit difficult however, as N kept getting distracted by the musicians that sang or played an instrument there. Not only that, Y/N kept getting challenged by an old man that claimed he had a nine-hundred and ninety-nine win streak and that she was the one-thousandth opponent. Next was route 12, which was a bit easier thankfully. The only problem was how many Combees there were who kept chasing Hugh after accidentally throwing a rock at one of them which was meant for N who made him angry.

After what seemed like forever, they finally arrived at Lacunosa Town which was known to have a cave near the town. They walked around and spotted the boulder that was blocking the path to the  entrance. Hugh groaned.

"I forgot about  this  stupid rock,"  he muttered. N, Y/N and Samurott glance at each other as he walks up to the boulder and begins to start pushing it with no luck. He blushes embarrassed and kicks the rock with all his might, realizing that it wasn't  the most brightest idea. They watch him curse in pain as he grabs hit foot. 

N chuckles and sees Y/N climb over the boulder past Hugh.

Eventually making it through the small forest, they now step inside the Giant Chasm. Hugh looks around nervously as the dark cave did not make it easy to see. He grabbed Y/N's hand for support, slightly blushing a bit. 

"...Uh Hugh, not to be rude or anything, but why are you grabbing my hand?" 

He turned towards the figure besides him and realized he was holding N's hand, not Y/N's.  

"Argh! Ew! Let go!"

They quickly let go. They then notice that  Y/N and Samurott were gone. 

"Look Samurott! Clefairy's and Clefable's!"  

They had found the entrance to the main forest thanks to Y/N's curiosity. Unfortunately she was  getting distracted. Samurott nudged his trainer on her back trying to get her to focus. He then noticed rustling in the bushes and suddenly Team Plasma grunts leaped out of them attacking them. They grabbed her bag and quickly apprehended her while Samurott fought off their pokemon.

"We found one of the trainers here in the located forest!,"  said a grunt  through his earpiece. "I believe they are here to mess with our plans. We are currently trying to stop their Samurott against force."  Y/N squirmed while being apprehended in cuffs by another grunt.

"Let me go!,"  she yelled angrily. He ignored her cries and turned to her with a glare.

"...Tell us, where are the others?"