8. Finally, a Real Adventure!

(Image Credit: Pokemon Generations)

Xier waves goodbye to Cheren, thanking him. After he leaves, Xier heads towards the garden, looking around. "...That idiot really ditched, huh."  He sighs, his head feeling heavy. After beating the challenger, the trainer told Xier that he saw someone in black following Y/N after she fled. He didn't  think too much of it, but a hour has passed by, and he started to worry. Should he go look for her? Should he call her through the xtransceiver? He paced back and fourth, his protective brotherly instincts telling him to go look.

"...Goddamn it Y/N. Why did you have to lea-"

He then remembered that his  sister was talking about going on a picnic with Bianca this week. Xier groaned, frustrated with himself. "Stupid, stupid! Ah, I'm so stupid!," Xier shouted. He quickly ran towards the garage to grab his bicycle. "If I go look for Y/N now, then-"

"Xier!"

He quickly turned around, his eyes widening. A smile slowly appeared on his face.

"And this is where Xier and Gallade battle other trainers!"  

It was the next day. Y/N was  showing Bisharp around the gym and garden. He looked around carefully, stunned that after all these years Xier had become a gym leader. As the two of them walked around the garden, Hugh was walking down towards the gym before seeing Bisharp. He gasped and quickly hid behind a tree near the garden, hoping that they didn't hear him.

"Since when did Y/N get a Bisharp?," he whispered. He peeked over the tree and looked around, quickly hopping over the fence but landing inside the bushes in a thud. Y/N and Bisharp heard the thuds and turned around cautious. "Who's there?," she asked confusedly. Bisharp looks around and sees Hugh but didn't recognize him. He ran towards Hugh and grabbed his jacket collar aggressively, thinking that he was an intruder. Hugh's eyes widened, his face turning white. 

He looked towards his friend. "Y/N...IT'S GOING TO KILL ME. HELP ME NOW," he pleaded terrified.

She noticed it was Hugh and quickly ran to them, assuring Bisharp that they were in no harm. Bisharp releases him but was still keeping an eye on him. "I-It's alright Bisharp," said Y/N calmly, "he's a friend of mine. Do you remember Hugh?"  Bisharp stares at her uncertain and looks at Hugh, trying hard to remember this individual with the Qwilfish hair.

She smiles and turns to Hugh. "Why are you sneaking around? The garden is free for everyone to visit."  Hugh coughed, blushing.

He also didn't know why he was sneaking around.

"Well, my lovely Y/N," Hugh finally said, " I came by to tell you that I'm going on a adventure around Unova. Traveling, for the most part. So I just came by to say goodbye before I left."  

He looked away. "...And I want you to come with me."

Y/N stared at him. Her eyes then shined. "...And adventure?," she says quietly. She suddenly grabs Hugh's hands, surprising him. "Of course I'll come with you! Take me with you!," she says happily. Hugh gags and pulls away embarrassed, trying to hide his red face. Suddenly he sees Xier glaring at him through the window of the house. 

He gulps.