19. Setting an Encounter

(Image edited by me on pixlr, sources from PKM official artwork)

Before they headed towards Skyla's gym, N turned to Y/N with a forgiving smile. "I'm glad I was able to help you and your friends back there. I should however get going."  She looked at him understandable and waved goodbye as N walked away from them and headed towards route 7. Hugh smirked when he finally went out of their view.

"Took long enough for him to leave. I probably shouldn't be saying that when he helped us out  though,"  he said irking in an amused way. Y/N couldn't help but agree with him a bit. Who knows what would have happen if they didn't get  the info and help from N, but it was  safer to not get involve with  him besides Team Plasma. The friends DID decide to travel around Unova and help stop Team Plasma when given the opportunity after all. 

And why would N want  to be involved with them anyway? He was no longer their king.

As they walked towards the gym, Y/N kept noticing Hugh glance at her time to time. She looked at him somewhat bothered. "Hey, I know I'm dressed as your least favorite thing but could you not? I'm already trying to deal with the stares and glances of people as we walk by."  He rolled his eyes way more concern with the small blood stains on the idiot next  to him. Suddenly a loud voice was heard yelling and shouting.

They turned around confused and saw Brycen sprinting towards them.

"Hey you! Get away from that Team Plasma grunt!"  

Brycen was the gym leader of Icirrus City so it was quite a surprise when they saw him. Y/N's eyes widened when he tackled her and they both landed in a thud. Brycen quickly grabbed and restrained her by her hands as Hugh tried to stop him.

"H-hey! You got it all wrong dude!,"  he shouted. Brycen glared at him confused. 

"What are you talking about? This is a member of Team Plasma. They were very easy to take down too."  She looked at him unfazed but  tiresome. "It's Y/N. I already had to go through pain and I feel weak already so please let go."  Hugh right away then pulled down her mask to show that it was really her. Brycen's eyes widen and he lets go of her immediately. In that moment, Skyla showed up and ran towards them in concern.

"Brycen! What's going on? Did you capture the grunt?,"  she asked. She noticed Hugh but was  stunned to see Y/N in her attire. She gasped and pointed at her perplexed, looking back at Hugh and Brycen hoping they were seeing this.

"Y-Y/N? Since when did you join Team Plasma?!"  

Hugh sighed. "...It's a long story guys. Skyla, can we go to your gym so our idiot can get organized? You have a washing machine right?"  Skyla nods trying her best not  to stare at Y/N. "Y-yeah, I have a bath in there too. I'm not going to ask about  the red stains anyhow."  Brycen turned to the person he tackled and looked at her apologetic.

"I'm terribly sorry,"  he said. Y/N raised her hands in a forgiving manner. "N-no! You don't have to apologize Brycen. Any reasonable person would try to go against someone that looks like they're in Team Plasma."  Hugh nods and continues to head towards the gym and turns to the gym leaders.

"You guys don't need to apologize, no one blames you for trying to protect Unova from people looking like Team Plasma. Those punks are going to get it."

Inside Skyla's bathroom, Y/N laid inside the tub relaxed. How long has it been since she taken a nice shower? While her clothes were being cleaned and everyone waiting, she wondered about N. It was hard to trust him due to Alder's words. His words repeated inside her head and it kept reminding her of the things she's been doing in this adventure.

Hopefully this was the last time she encountered N.

She headed towards the group after she was done changing. She saw her friends talking and catching up which made her smile a bit. Hugh noticed her and grinned.

"Took you long enough. Let's get out of here and pick up our pokemon at  the Pokemon Center. I could also use a hamburger if you don't mind."  Y/N rolled her eyes at his rambling but agreed with him. They thanked Skyla  and said goodbye to Brycen and headed out.