23. Frozen City and the DNA Splicers

(Image Credit: Khaliqa on DeviantArt)

"Yeah! Fly Reshiram!"

The trainers flew through the sky with the help of the legendary pokemon as they rode on its back. Heading towards Opelucid City to help Drayden, the mayor and gym leader of the city, they quickly went  towards but with a little bit of  fun. Hugh  however held on for dear life to Reshiram, not exactly enjoying himself. 

"H-hey, don't you t-think you should slow down a b-bit?!," he shouted nervously. N chuckled and looked down at a forest not  too far away from their location. He turned to Hugh.

"Don't worry, we're here."

They landed on route 11, everyone hoping they were hidden. "I can't let Reshiram be seen around Team Plasma. They'll head back to Dragonspiral Tower as we stay in Opelucid," N explained. Y/N and Hugh agreed on the thought process and so everyone said goodbye to the pokemon as they headed on towards.

They eventually arrived at Opelucid City. The place was very natural and old looking with a pretty woman playing a melody on her erhu (stringed bowed fiddle instrument). Y/N looked around feeling somewhat saddened, feeling guilty for not visiting this place in a while. Hugh wasted no time however and went straight  to Drayden's home. She and N quickly followed.

"...Xier already told me that you trainers would be here for his absent, but I don't understand why the old king of Team Plasma is here."

Drayden glared at N dubious. Hugh directly looked at his friend. "Y/N here thinks it was a good idea to bring him along."  She glanced at him annoyingly and rolled her eyes. "Give him a chance you guys. He showed us that he's up to help,"  she stated. N nods determined. He turns to Drayden.

"Mayor Drayden, I'll do everything I can to help. If what you said is true, I want to stop Team Plasma."  He stares at N and looks away, thinking for a moment. Drayden then turns to him and looks at him hopeful.

"...Alright, you can help. But if you dare stab us in the back, I'll make sure to  teach you a lesson."

Everyone heads outside and stands in front of the mayor's home. He fixes his collar and turns to the young group. " As you all know, I have spotted a grunt around in these parts. I'm worried that they might be after the DNA Splicers,"  Drayden informs. Y/N tilts her head confusedly.

"DNA Splicers?"  

He nods. "To be frank, I don't know much about them. According to Professor Juniper's  research however, they are connected to the legendary pokemon Kyurem."  Drayden pauses for a moment, shaking his head. Hugh and N look at him concern. 

"...Currently,"  the old man continues, "they are stored very safely. I don't know what kind of power lie within them but it's probably something outrageous if Ghetsis wants th-"

BOOM!

Everyone duck down quickly in startled movement, covering their heads and ears. N stays close to Y/N worried for their safety while Hugh and Drayden look around confusedly. Citizens could be heard and seen running around and yelling in a panicking manner. The most important  thing however was the ice surrounding them.

The city was nothing but ice.

The buildings, sidewalks, street lamps...everything was frozen.

Citizens ran inside the Pokemon Center and other homes to avoid the sudden cold, leaving Y/N and the others to be the only ones outside looking around concerned for the city. Hugh looked up and saw a flying frigate that belonged to Team Plasma slowly lowering down itself near them.

"Look! It's those damn-!..,"  he trailed off, too furious to be able to speak. Drayden clenched his fist and glared towards the entrance of the frigate which lowered. Y/N squinted her eyes and saw Zinzolin and some grunts come out of the thing, a cocky yet creepy grin on his face. She grumbled deeply, N also looking towards them and not happy with their arrival as well.

Drayden walked towards them angrily. "What is going on here?!,"  he demanded. Zinzolin stared at him with no remorse.

"...Mayor Drayden,"  he uttered, "our powerful ice cannon on our frigate landed an attack in your city. Soon this won't be the only city or town that will become frozen however, as we Team Plasma along with lord Ghetsis  shall take over Unova! Now then, we will find the DNA Splicers and take what we need!"  Zinzolin then motioned the grunts behind him.

"Team Plasma, spread out and find those DNA Splicers!"

The grunts quickly ran in every direction alerting Drayden and the others. Hugh growled and pulled out his pokeballs.

"Come back here you damn punks!"