17. The Berserk Pokemon

(Image edited by me on pixlr, sources from PKM Generations and official artwork)

(Long chapter)

N froze hearing Leonardo's words.

"W-what?,"  he quivered. He looked down at  the female grunt in front of him who was unconscious. He walked towards Y/N and pushed away her hair out of her face hesitantly and slowly pulled down her mask. N stared at her devastated, angry and irritated with himself. He got up and stared towards Leonardo and Petra who looked at him unsure.

"...Lead me to the others right now. Try to call backup and there will be a problem."  N took out his pokeballs to prove the grunts that he had more pokemon with  him. Petra nods quickly as Leonardo looks away.

He then went  to his Zoroark and points at Y/N. "Stay here and look after her. Make sure Team Plasma doesn't come past here until we get  the others."  Zoroark nods and heads towards her. N sighs and began to follow the grunts, leaving his pokemon and the trainer alone.

As Zoroark sat next  to the quiet Y/N, he looked towards where N and the grunts headed deeper into Chargestone Cave. Suddenly loud voices echoed the area  alerting the pokemon. Quickly Zoroark moved himself and the trainer behind the blue electric rocks to hide their presence. He glared at Team Plasma as their shadows became more than one.

"...A-are you sure Ghetsis didn't ask for the girl?,"  asked a grunt. Him along with Zinzolin walked towards where Zoroark was hiding. "A Shadow Triad said that a request-"  

"Lord Ghetsis did not request for anything!,"  interrupted Zinzolin angrily. "And thanks to that the trainer escaped! I bet she's headed towards the others for their rescue!"  The grunt coughed and looked at  the old man apologetic.

"...W-we might still have time to look for her s-sir..."  

He looked at him with a frown. "...Then why are you still here? GO LOOK FOR HER!,"  Zinzolin yelled.

Zoroark had a worried expression. He needs to buy some time for N and prevent anyone from going any further. With a hard loyalty the pokemon jumped in front of everyone while blocking the next entrance hoping to intimidate them. The grunt flinched terrified. Zinzolin noticed and instead of any fear he creepily grinned.

"Well, what a familiar face! I didn't know N was here too..."  Zoroark growled trying to be careful at what he was at. Zinzolin then pulled out a pokeball and looked towards the pokemon. "This pokemon is not mine,"  he explained, "it belongs to that girl that escaped. But now they are going to work and be under my command! Thanks to our latest project..."

"...Anyhow, come on out Samurott!"

Y/N slowly opened her eyes. Still dazed she looked around confusedly. Where was  she? She kept hearing loud shouts and a lot of growling behind her. Y/N carefully peeked over the blue rock she was hiding behind. What she saw made her perplexed and worried. Her Samurott and N's Zoroark were fighting while a terrified grunt hid behind a smiling Zinzolin.

Zinzolin? And what's going on? Samurott and Zoroark are fighting? 

She angrily stood up and stepped out behind the boulder to get a closer look. Samurott was acting way more intense than he usually was but more importantly his eyes were glowing red. His hits on Zoroark seemed more violent  too...

Y/N knew she had to do something as Zoroark was being thrown around like a rag doll. She looked towards Zinzolin and saw something in his hand that seemed it was possibly controlling her pokemon. She grinned and sneakily walked around him as the old man seemed too focus on the pokemon battle.

"S-sir Zinzolin...I think this is far enough!,"  said the commander anxious. He ignored him and continued to shout commands to Samurott. The grunt sighs disappointingly and turns around, unexpected of Y/N who was creeping behind them. 

His eyes widen.

"ZINZOLIN BEHIND-"  She quickly pushes him away and tackles the old man. Zinzolin drops the remote-like item in his hand, landing a few feet away from them. Stunned and alert, he pushes Y/N off of him and tries to retrieve it but she clutches on to him again.

"Let go of me you twat! We are in the middle of testing the berserk pokemon!,"  he yells angrily. She frowns but struggles to hang onto him. The grunt stood there not sure of what  to do. He looked around and noticed Samurott staring towards them and ignoring Zoroark who was on the ground struggling to get up.

Samurott's red eyes beamed. Zinzolin grinned and with a strong shove he pushes Y/N away. He quickly gets up and turns to her with a furious expression. "You are making our plans into failures! How about your own pokemon attacks you? Samurott, attack her!" 

Her eyes widen. Y/N quickly grabs the remote before Samurott strikes her with  his helmet horn. She backs away with sweat rolling down her face. She takes off her mask and gives her pokemon a worried look.

"Samurott! It's me! Stop!"

 The berserk pokemon however ran towards her to strike her again. With quick reaction she barely dodges which sent shivers down her spine. She shakes her head and clenches the remote angrily.

There's no point in talking it seems. Looks like I need to destroy this remote after all!

Y/N takes a deep breath and smashes the remote by throwing it harshly on the ground with all her might. Zinzolin stared in anguish and his veins started showing.

"NO! STOP! STOP THIS MADNESS!"  Samurott started to flinch and twist around. He shook his head heavily and looked up, his eyes starting to become their normal state. Y/N smiled and hugged her dear pokemon but only for a short moment. She went back to Zoroark as Samurott glared at Zinzolin and the grunt.

They gulped nervously.