22. Dragonspiral Tower Part 2

(Image Credit: Miyukikyki on DeviantArt)

"Reshiram, do you hear footsteps?.."  

N cautiously glanced at the staircase which led to their floor fearing visitors or Team Plasma. He heard them, their loud footsteps echoing through the broken walls. He stood up and turned to his white legendary friend who also seemed wary.

"We need to hide you quick,"  N said apprehensive. He looked around but realized it might be a bit difficult due to Reshiram being too big to hide behind anything. The footsteps became louder and louder. It might have been too late to fly away now since they would surely see the pokemon leave. With quick thinking he led Reshiram behind tall white pillars that were enough to hide some parts and hopefully to blend into. Just in time Hugh, Y/N and Samurott poked their heads out curiously.

N's eyes widen surprised. "What are you guys doing here?,"  he questioned. Hugh frowned when he saw him, Y/N and Samurott glancing at each other. He walked up to N with an annoyed look.

"We could ask you the same thing..."  Hugh then walked past him observing the small area. N froze when the trainer was heading towards Reshiram's direction. He quickly went in front of Hugh with  his hands up in a apologetic manner. 

"I t-think you guys  should leave,"  N explained with a hesitant  tone. "The legendary pokemon might be disturbed if it comes here and sees us..."  Hugh rolled his eyes and pushed him away, turning back to glare at him. 

"What are you now, a wise guy? We'll leave eventually out of your hair your highness."

N thinking he was mocking him clenched his teeth. "...I am no longer part of Team Plasma. I was tricked and tossed away...so don't  think I need your pity you fool!,"  he said angrily. Hugh smirked and walked closer to him, the boys glaring at each other. Their tension became deeply quarrel.

"Guys, stop fighting!,"  shouted Y/N. She turned to N. "We came here to revisit the old place but you're right, we need to leave. I don't want  to disturb such an ancient structure."  He looked at her somewhat erring knowing that she felt uncomfortable. Suddenly her xtransceiver went off. Y/N pulled it out and her expression became down.

"It's my brother."

Xier was not grinning like he usually does, but a serious expression on his face. He noticed N but did not question it.

"Y/N, Hugh,"  he uttered, "I got a call from Drayden just now. He apparently spotted a Team Plasma grunt lurking in Opelucid City. He thinks that  they are planning something and wanted some help to stop them just in case. The old geezer wants me to head over there but I have to care for Gallade...his fever became worse."

He paused.

"...I think you guys  should go  over to Opelucid for me."  Hugh nods, listening to the conversation. "Don't worry about it Xier,"  he reassured, "we'll go there right away."  Y/N nods confidently. Xier nods and looks at everyone with small grin. 

"...Be careful. Hugh, Samurott and the green haired guy, please take care of Y/N. She can get a handful of herself."  She blushes after he leaves with a chuckle, N looking a bit surprised. She sighs and turned towards him.

"I guess he wants you to come along with us N. What do you say? I think you'll be great help since you know certain things about Team Pla-"  She quickly stops talking.

W-what am I doing? I just said I wouldn't...get involved with him...

N looks away however, feeling like he was intruding. He did want  to help out but he was worried about Hugh. Sure enough  he seemed very displeased. He grabbed his friend's hand and started to head towards the stairs with Samurott following. Hugh glanced at him.

"...I see no reason for N to come along. I bet he'll try to sabotage us and take away our pokemon like he tried to do back then to innocent people."

N's eyes widen stunned. He clenched his fist and lowered his hat  to his eyes. Slowly he walked over to Reshiram's location and turned towards the pillar, muttering a few words. He had enough of Hugh's negativity. It was time to show him what  the king could do. After that moment, the legendary pokemon walked out of its hiding place, appearing behind N.

He turned towards the shocked trainers.

"...The place we need to go is Opelucid City, correct?"