1. The Battle with Brother

(Image Credit: vardenta03 on DeviantArt)

Y/N opened the gate to the garden, not surprised to see her brother training with his Gallade. Ever since her brother Xier became a gym leader, he has been super motivated, waiting for trainers to challenge him. Him and Gallade were unbeatable however, always  sending trainers back to the Pokemon Center without their badge. 

Y/N sighed, wishing she were traveling the Unova region again. Like an adventure, sleeping under the stars, finding new pokemon, battling Team Plasma, all the possible things! But Xier, being the protective older brother that he is, won't let her do those things, saying it's dangerous to fight Team Plasma, an evil organization that takes pokemon away. 

The region has been peaceful though, which made Xier worry in the first place.

"Toss me some water sis!," shouted Xier. Y/N rolled her eyes and grabbed a water bottle from the cooler next to her and tossed it to him. She frowned, noticing some of the flowers had been ruined due to their rough training. Y/N glared at her brother.  "...Jeez, I'm wondering why you guys are training here in the garden instead on the battlefield. You own a gym, remember?"  Xier gulped down his water and looked at her amused. 

"But the garden gives me such a beautiful feeling! The tree's leaves falling in the air, the bright sun shining on me and Gallade, the sweet smell of flowers blooming. And well-"

He looked at Gallade.

"...-we kinda ruined the battlefield a bit." 

She shook her head, not amused like her dumb brother. "Well, it can't be helped. Anyhow, have you encountered any challengers yet?," asked Y/N. Her brother shrugged in doubt, placing the water bottle on the floor. "We hadn't had any trainers come over here in awhile, but I really want to have a pokemon battle. Me an Gallade have been training hard too." Suddenly, Xier's eyes widened. He turned to his sister with a smile on his face.

"Hey Y/N, how about battling us? You could use training too!"

Y/N stared surprised at her brother. She turned to her pokemon, Samurott and Lucario. Samurott was her first ever pokemon, given to her by her parents. They were very fond of each other, going through childhood to right now. Lucario however, was her first caught pokemon. He hardly listens to her commands when it comes to battling. He is very adamant, doing things in his own way. 

So Y/N was very surprised when Lucario, who was taking a nap under a tree, woke up to Xier's request.

"...Y-you want to battle me?," said Y/N cautious. Xier nodded happily. "C'mon sis, it will be fun! Lucario could use some training, don't you think?"  Y/N thought for a bit, and glanced at Lucario. He looked at her with pleading eyes, obvious that he wanted to battle. She smiled which then led to a sigh. "...Alright."  Xier grinned. 

"You can go first," said Xier determined. Y/N nodded, but she was nervous.

...Let's hope that Lucario listens to me for once!

"Lucario, use Dark Pulse!" Lucario jumped up in the air and shot dark aura towards Gallade. Surprised, Y/N smiled. Xier grinned. "Gallade, avoid it and use Brick Break!" Gallade ran towards Lucario and was about to hit him with a karate chop. "Watch out! Protect!," shouted Y/N. Lucario was barely able to protect himself before Gallade was able to attack him. Xier smiled, his eyes showing fury and determination.

"We're just getting warmed up! Use Bulk Up!"  

Gallade stood at his position and flexes his arms, his body being surrounded in crimson aura. Y/N clenched her teeth. "Now is our chance! Shadow Claw!," she commanded. Lucario's arm becomes surrounded by black aura, forming into a claw and slashes Gallade three times before retreating. Y/N's eyes widen.  "How did he take those hits?! Could it have been that boost-"

"Now Gallade! Bulldoze!," yelled Xier.

Shocked that Gallade even learned Bulldoze, she panicked. "What? Q-quick Lucario! Protect!"

But it was too late. Lucario was on the ground, covered in dirt and severely bruised. He didn't expect that Bulldoze too. But he got up slowly and gave Y/N a thumbs up. She sighed, relieved. "A-alright buddy, Shad-"

"Brick Break!!!,"  Xier yelled excitedly.

Gallade karate chops Lucario in a blink of an eye right in the guts. Lucario yelps before being thrown towards the sky and then coming down, smashing onto the ground. Xier walks towards him, ignoring his sister's terrified face.

"...And the opponents pokemon cannot battle!"