4. Sudden Turn of Events

(Image Credit: Epic Rap Battles of Pokemon)

"SNARL!"

A purple ball of energy hurled towards the grunt and Bisharp, the grunt's face shocked and bewildered. The attack threw him into the bushes and the Bisharp took a step back, resisting the attack but flinched. 

A bit overwhelmed, she looked around for the source of the attack. She started to see someone running towards her with a Zoroark besides them. 

"Now! Flamethrower!," Y/N heard the person command. Immediately the Zoroark released a stream of red-orange fire from its mouth at the Bisharp who tried to block it but struggled as the flames were effectively painful. The pokemon fell to the ground, fainting from the flames. 

The Team Plasma grunt slowly got up from the bushes and froze when he saw his pokemon on the ground. His face reddened with anger. "You stupid piece of junk!," he said irritated. Then he turned to Y/N who was still knelt down besides Samurott. He grabbed her arm and pulled her close to him, restraining her. He narrowed at the person with the Zoroark. 

"Well, if it isn't the traitor, N."

Y/N, confused, looked towards the guy he was referring to. He was a tall young looking male, wearing a black and white cap with his long green hair. He wore all kinds of jewelry, a cube necklace being one of the weirder ones. 

His expression however agitated her.

N glared at the Team Plasma grunt who smirked, enjoying the upper hand. Y/N clenched her teeth. "Let me go!," she yelled. Suddenly she yelped, making N's eyes widened. The grunt's face reddened, this time with embarrassment. "I didn't mean to t-touch you there!, Stop squirming!," he said blushing. He sighed and shook his head. He turned his attention back to N.

"A-anyway, step any closer and I'll hurt her!" 

N stared at the the grunt, and then at Samurott, and then at Y/N.

If I tell Zoroark to attack, who knows what will happen.

The grunt grinned. "...That's right, just let me go and we can forget-" 

Suddenly the grunt let out a groan, and fell forwards. Y/N backed away from him quickly and bumped into something sharp. She turned around and saw Lucario, standing there confidently, his arm in a punching position. He smiled at her, which made her eyes become teary. "Lucario...you..how did you..?," she said with a quiver in her voice. She hugged him tightly but careful to not touch his spike on his chest.

N rushed over to them, glancing at the grunt. He turned to Y/N. "Are you alright?," he asked gently. She pulled away from Lucario and nodded, wiping off tears with her arm. "I'm sorry, it's just...Samurott, I'm worried."  N nods understandably and turns to Samurott, who was still on the ground breathing harshly. "Do you have its pokeball?," asked N. Y/N nods and pulls out his pokeball.

As they made their way to the Pokemon Center, Y/N sighed in amusement. "I still can't believe we left that grunt to die."  N laughed, shaking his head. "We didn't leave him to die, we just left him to wake up later and notice that he didn't get what he wanted."  N then turned to Lucario, who walked near Y/N in suspicion of him. "...I'm not a professor or anything, but I'm guessing you knew where your trainer was because you could sense her aura?"  Lucario looked at him, and nodded.

They stood in front of the entrance of the Pokemon Center. Y/N smiled at N. "Thank you so much for helping us, N."  He smiled back at her, glancing at Lucario. "...No need to thank me. I'm glad you're alright. It would have been a shame if that grunt hurt such a beautiful young lady."  Y/N giggled, ignoring the compliment. She waved goodbye headed inside the building, leaving N standing there alone.

He smirked, and turned around.

"...You really care about your pokemon, don't you? I like that."