0. Companion

The young child looked out  the window, watching as the kids ran around and played. Team Plasma's frigate had just landed near Aspertia City in order to settle down and do important errands. 

The boy sat down and continued to watch the kids until he heard his name being called on the intercom. He quietly walked out of his lonely room and headed towards the halls as his fellow pokemon Zorua followed  behind. The halls were accompanied with grunts, their light blue outfits catching the young boy's  eye. He could not ignore the sound of the metal clanking going underneath his and the others feet.

At last, he has made it  to his father's  room. He looked up at Ghetsis as he looked down on him. His father looked away for a second and then faced him with an annoyed look on his face.

"...N, we are very busy today, so I think you should go out and play outside. Don't  come back to interfere with me while I work. Now then, go out and get out of my way."  N's  eyes lit up with excitement at his father's request. He quickly nods and runs out of his room and made his way outside.

N looks around in awed as he shyly walked around town with Zorua. He comes across a seemingly new pokemon gym which makes him stop in his tracks.

"Look Zorua, it's a pokemon gym...,"  N says  slowly in amazement. He's never seen one before so this was quite the sight for him. His little furry pokemon barks happily. 

He grins and turns to walk away before suddenly falling to the ground in a thud.

N groans in pain while rubbing his head. He slowly looks up to see a little girl also rubbing her head, her bright E/C eyes now staring a him. She quickly gets up to her feet and awkwardly shuffles around.

"Ah, I'm very sorry! Are you alright? I didn't mean to smack right into you!,"  said the little girl apologetic. She takes out her hand to help up N, which  he shyly accepts. She gives him a friendly smile.

"My name is  Y/N! What's yours? I haven't seen you around these parts."  N looks at her uncertain but notices a Oshawott hiding behind her, looking a bit shy as well. He felt a bit calmer.

"N-N is my name...,"  he hesitantly told her. Y/N looks at him curious.

"N? What a weird name! But that's okay, everyone has weird names! Also, that's  a cool pokemon you have there N!"

"...T-thanks."

He started to blush, his Zorua rolling its eyes. All of a sudden a loud voice was calling for Y/N. She turns around confusedly and immediately frowns. A young boy with spiky hair runs towards them, his Snivy following behind him.

"There you are!,"  exclaims the boy. "I told you to stop running, you were already found."  Y/N groans.

"I thought we were playing tag, not hide and seek."  She then sticks out her tongue at him. He rolls his eyes and notices N who was  staring at him.

"What are you looking at?,"  the boy said harshly.

N quickly looks away. The boy ignores him and turns towards his friend. "Whatever. Let's go Y/N, your brother is making us lunch."  He went  to grab her hand but she pulls away angrily.

"Hugh, apologize to N! There is no need to be mean to him,"  she says annoyed with  him. She then runs to the green haired boy and hugs his arm which makes N flinch slightly. His face starts to get red like a hot pepper. Hugh just shakes his head but agrees.

"Uh, I'm sorry...N...for being mean to you,"  he says uncaring and starts to walk away. Y/N sighs but smiles at N sweetly. 

"Well, it was nice meeting you! I hope we'll get to see each other again, N."  

She lets go  of his arm and runs after Hugh. N stares as  she leaves, his face still red and his chest pounding like crazy. This was not normal for him. 

What is happening to him? 

Did the pretty girl have to do something with this?

"...Zorua, is this what...love is? Is this what it feels like?"

N had the urge to tell her. He wanted to tell her. He wanted to stay with  her. He looked up as Y/N began to leave, her back facing him. He started to run towards before a hand sharply grabs his arm. 

N froze.

Ghetsis glared at his  son. "What are you doing? Come on, it's time to go!"  He starts to drag N back to the frigate. The young boy shakes his head however as he looks back at  the young  girl who began to stray farther and farther.

"N-no, wait! Father, please let go!,"  N pleads. But Ghetsis ignores him. 

He was losing sight of Y/N as  she walked farther away. 

N started to cry and sob, shaking his head devastated.

"Y/N! Y/N!"  

But she could not hear him. They were now arriving close to the frigate.

"Y/N!!!"

N took a deep breath to stop his crying. 

"I LOVE YOU!!!"

Y/N stopped in her tracks and turned around confusedly. But she did not see anyone.