Chapter-2 Starting

Iris POV

'Rrrriiiiinnnnnngggg'

My eyes snapped open and zeroed at the Alarm Clock placed beside me. I groaned as I sat up.

It wasn't mine. It was Sapphire's. It is her way of making me up. She knew I would kill her if she woke me up herself. Sleep lover. Well, that's me.

I turned off the alarm and got up. I went to my room. I brushed my teeth and took a quick bath. 

I walked out and changed into my casual clothes.

I went downstairs to see everyone waiting for me

I went downstairs to see everyone waiting for me. I sat down beside Sapphire, smiling. She smiled back but her smile was weak. Broken.

I turned to see everyone looking at me. Intensely. Wait? Did I do something wrong?

"What happened?" I asked Sapphire. Did they come to know that I kicked a guy yesterday? or that I slapped a bitch for insulting me?

"You don't remember anything?" Sapphire asked carefully.

"Did something happen?" I asked carefully, hoping that they won't ground me.

I looked up to see my dad and mom looking at me. They looked worried. Worried?! Not Angry?! Well, that's not okay...

"Sweety, are you sure you are okay?" Dad asked softly. I looked at them confused.

I felt my inside crumble down as his words registered in my head. It must have happened. Not again. Not now. Not when I am going to enjoy my life.

"Yesterday, it started again didn't it?" I asked, my voice cold as ice. I hate this. I hate myself for not being able to stop it. Not being able to fight it.

"Sweety, it was nothing." Mom tried to calm me. 

"What did I do yesterday?" I asked. My voice, devoid of emotions.

"Sapphire, you, at last, saw it. Right?" I asked turning to my sis. She never knew what was happening to me. She would have been broken if she knew something was wrong with me.

"Iris, I- w-why didn't you tell me?" she asked as tears welled up in her eyes,

"It is nothing. It is just my sleepwalking has gone to its worst." I said hugging her.

I used to sleepwalk when I was a kid. Then I started to run during sleep. After that, I started talking during sleep. At last, I started to scream with my eyes open. No therapy could cure me until I got into an accident and all the screaming disappeared.

I turned to dad. I don't remember a thing.

"Can anyone tell me what nonsense did I do yesterday?" I asked as I faked smiled. It is hard. It is hard to act okay when you are not.