Chap. 42

Chapter 42

(Melissa's POV)

"Charlie? Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask and Charles nods. We both stand up and I follow him to his office.

"What's up?" I look away from him for a second then cross my arms over my chest.

"Is Kristen ok?" He looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"Have you not even noticed how she looks? She's thin and she acts so, nervous."

"She's not thin, she's fine."

"For being pregnant, she's very thin. Charles are you watching her closely? Is she eating?" He nods and also crosses his arms.

"She's eating, I watch her to make sure she eats. Do you even know why she's here?" I slowly shake my head.

"She tried cutting herself..." My heart stops as he says that.

"S-he did?" He nods and looks away from me.

"Because she was scared. Alli yelled at her and she started having panic attacks again."

"The real question is, are you ok?" He nods and uncrosses his arms.

"I'm glad you are moving here sis. Kristen really needs this right now." I smile and hug him.

"See if Phil wants to come over." I nod and walk out of his office. He follows me out and we go back over to the couch.

(Kristen's POV)

Melissa and Charles both come out of my dads office and come sit at the couch. I pull my knees to my chest and look up at Gavin.

"How was Maker?"

"Good, very busy." I smile and he kisses my head. I lay my head on his chest and look over at Charles.

"Wanna go get dinner?" Charles asks and everyone stands up. I get my shoes on and walk next to Gavin. He wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my temple. Charles gets the twins and Allie gets Paisley and Jackson.

"Kristen you can go with Gavin and Noah if you want to, we are thinking Cheesecake Factory." Charles says and I nod. I get in Gavin's car and wait for everyone else to get in their cars.

"Do you feel ok Kris?" I nod and put my seatbelt on. He smiles at me and starts driving. He places his hand on my thigh and continues to drive. We arrive at the restaurant and wait for the others to park.

"You got Noah?" Gavin nods and sets Noah on the ground. He runs over to Melissa who scoops him up into her arms.

I walk next to Gavin and he puts an arm around my waist. We catch up with the group and walk into the restaurant.

"Table for 11." Charles says and makes sure he is right. We get a huge table and I sit next to Gavin and Melissa.

"What are you going to get?" Melissa asks me.

"I'm not sure, I'm not really hungry." I look over at her and she looks at Charles.

"Kristen, find something to eat." My dad says and I glare at him. I find something small and order. I pull my knees up to my chest and look over at my dad. He glares at me and I quickly put my legs back down.

I look over at Melissa then stand up. I walk to the front of the restaurant and walk outside. I sit on one of the benches and pull my knees to my chest.

The front doors to Cheesecake Factory open and I hear someone walk out.

"Kristen?" Melissa asks and sits next to me.