Shelter

Chapter 21

(Kristen's POV)

I'm at my dads house with Travis, Jenny, Tyler, Gavin, and Noah. My dad and Allie are at the doctors for an ultra sound.

"Kristen, I was thinking you and I could go to your moms house." Jenny said, walking into my dads office.

"And leave Travis and Gavin here with the kids?"

"They only have Tyler and Noah to watch."

"True. I guess we can go." She smiles and grabs her purse.

"Jen, where are you guys going?" Travis asks her as she grabs her purse.

"Umm, we're going to see Alli." Travis nods and goes upstairs. Jenny smiles at me and we walk to her car.

"Let me tell Gavin where we are going." She nods and I go find Gavin.

"Gav?"

"Your room!" I run into my room and smile at him.

"Jenny and I are going to see my mom, you're in charge so don't let Travis do anything stupid." He laughs and kisses my cheek.

"See you later." I smile and give Noah a kiss.

"Bye babe." He waves and I walk downstairs.

I walk out to her car and I get in.

"Ok I don't know where she lived so you have to show me."

"It's just two neighborhoods away." She nods and backs out of the driveway.

I show her how to get there and we pull into her driveway.

"It's been a while since you've seen her hasn't it?" She nods and gets out of the car.

"It was when we were at playlist I think." I nod and knock on the door.

Jason opens the door and smiles.

"Hi Kristen, come in." I smile and give him a hug.

"Is my mom home."

"Uh yes, she is upstairs cleaning." I nod and walk upstairs with Jenny.

"Is that her boyfriend?" Jenny asks once we get out of his view.

"Yea, he's really nice." She nods and I follow the sound of the music. It comes from her room so I knock on the door.

"Come in!" She yells and turns off the music.

"Kristen? Is something wrong, why are you here?" I look at her and walk in her room. She grabs my shoulders and looks at me.

"Are you hurt? Did your father do something to you?!" I shake my head and turns towards the door.

Jenny comes in and Alli quickly goes over to her.

"It's so nice to see you!" Jenny laughs and nods.

"It's been forever!" They let go of each other and Alli looks at me.

"You scared me, I thought he hurt you." She laughs and hugs me.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"My dad and Allie went to the ultra sound and Jenny wanted to come see you." She nods and smiles.

"Are you guys planning on doing something later? You guys can stay for dinner."

"Actually we can't stay long... We're going to the shelter today to look for a dog." Alli nods and sighs.

"Oh, ok." She finishes making her bed.

"Well I guess we can stay till my dad calls me." Alli smiles and nods.