Chap. 51

Chapter 51

(Kristen's POV)

Date: December 31, 2023 Sunday New Years Eve

I get woken up by Noah jumping on the bed and kids running upstairs.

"Noah, stop!" Gavin says sternly and Noah obeys.

"Sorry daddy." Noah sits down on the bed and looks at Gavin.

"Come lay down." Gavin says softly and Noah crawls to the space in between us.

"I love you Noah." I say and kiss his head.

"Love you too mommy." He cuddles up to my side and I rub his back. I smile at Gavin and stick my tongue out.

"He wants to cuddle with me this morning." I whisper and laugh. Noah looks up at me and smiles. Gavin turns towards me and smiles.

"Well he was sitting in MY lap Christmas morning." I roll my eyes and smile.

"He was sitting in mine the two previous Christmases." Gavin laughs and sits up.

"Go tell your siblings to shut up." I smile at him and he stands up.

"No don't actually!" He laughs and shakes his head.

"I'm not going too, I don't feel like getting yelled at today." I smile and sit up. I move Noah over and he whines.

"Mommy!"

"I'm just standing up buddy." He whines again and I roll my eyes. He starts crying and I go over to Gavin.

"Go deal with your son." I wrap my arms around Gavin's neck and kiss him. He kisses me back and I let go of him.

"You're the one who made him cry." I roll my eyes and lift Noah up.

"Let's go upstairs, it's time to eat."

"No!" He cries and I set him down.

"Noah! I'm not going to deal with you today, go complain to your dad if you are going to act like this!" Noah looks up at me and back at Gavin.

"Noah, go upstairs." Gavin says softly and I open the door for him to leave. He runs out of the room and I close the door.

"Kristen. Why did you yell at him?" I shake my head and cross my arms.

"Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and my hormones are going insane!"

"Look, you don't have to yell."

"And you don't have to act so stupid!" I cover my mouth quickly and shake my head.

"I-I'm so sorry Gavin..."

"I'm going to go upstairs, and I want you to come up when you aren't in such a crabby mood, got it?" I slowly nod and he leaves the room. I sit on the bed and run my hands through my hair.

After a while I stand up and walk upstairs. I look over at the couch and see Gavin sitting with Noah.

"Where did everyone go?" I ask quietly. Gavin turns around but doesn't smile at me.

"My siblings are at Casey's house and the adults went outside." I nod and sit down away from them.

"Hi mommy." I smile at Noah.

"Hi Noah." He smiles and eats his cereal.

"Gavin?" He looks over at me and raises his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry." He nods and pats the seat next to him. I stand up and sit next to him. He puts his arm around me and kisses my head.

"I didn't mean what I said Gavin. I just said the first thing that came to mind."