Working It Out

Chapter 36

(Kristen's POV)

- continuing from previous chapter-

"I-I don't want to lose him..." My mom sighs and hugs me.

"Oh honey. You won't lose him." She rubs my back and I cry on her shoulder.

"You just need a break from each other."

"This is such a horrible time though, with the baby and everything."

"Kristen everything will be fine."

"Mom I'm scared!" I hug her then let go. I set my purse on the counter and take my phone out.

"C-Can I stay here for a while...?"

"Of course." I smile and unlock my phone.

"I need to call him..." She nods and I walk outside. I walk around the pool and call Gavin.

"Hey Kris, what's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something..."

"What is it?"

"I'm staying at my moms for a little bit, we've been fighting and I don't want to make it worse. D-Do you understand...?"

"We can work it out, just please come back home."

"We can't work it out. That's what my dad said and look where they are."

"Ok, I'll see you soon?"

"Of course, I love you."

"I love you too Kris... Bye."

I hang up and put my phone in my pocket. I guess in the middle of the call I started crying since my cheeks are wet. The sliding door opens then closes again.

"Are you ok?" I turn around and smile.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." My phone vibrates and makes a small ding.

'I'm going to see my old friends later so you can stop by to get something if you need anything, I love you.'

I smile at my phone and lock it. I slide it in my back pocket.

"Can you drive me to the apartment later?"

"Of course." I smile and walk back into the house.

"Everything will be fine Kristen. You two will work it out." She hugs me and kisses my head.

- a few hours later -

"Mom, can we go to the apartment now?"

"Hold on I'm coming!"

I grab my purse and slide on my boots. She comes down the steps and grabs her keys.

"Let's go." We walk to the car and get in.

"I'm sorry I'm back at home."

"Don't apologize, I love having you home." She smiles at me and continues to drive. We arrive at the apartment and I go up. I open the door and turn on the lights.

Set in front of me on the counter is a vase full of roses and a box of chocolates. He has a picture of us from when he came home and some teddy bears. I walk over to the set up and smile. I grab a card sitting next to it and read it,

'Dear Kris,

I hope this means something to you. I just want you to come back so we can be a happy family. I'm sorry for all the things I've done, just know I never meant to hurt you. I want you to come back, I love you and I always will.