Who made me a princess? Chapter 12

(Sorry for the long wait, like I mentioned before unless some of you did not notice, I've been having family problems, and also ever since I had graduated, I needed to return the laptop that was from the school back to them, so I had no other way to write my story. But now lucky for you guys. I can update this long awaited chapter for you! )

''Daddy!'' Athanasia runs to Claude.

Athanasia was left alone having a conversation with her new 'friend' Lucas the new royal magician. After a while, you and Claude decided to check on how they're doing while they were 'bonding'.

''He's being...'' Athanasia tries to say, but gets interrupted.

''I'm sorry if my words have upset you, princess.'' Lucas says.

''But your pet is a tricky magical creature to handle, even for skilled magicians. It would be best if you separated yourself from it. But since your highness does not wish for that to happen, I recommend that you at least decrease the time you spend with it.''

Apparently from what Lucas concluded. Athanasia had suffered through all that because she kept having contact with her pet 'Raven'and her magic got absorbed back.

(So Athanasia's magic hopped out of her because it was too much for her, and that's how Raven was made, but since she kept having contact with him, it kept absorbing back to her.)

''You're right. But I think it would be best if you threw it away.'' Claude agreed.

''D, dad. He said Raven isn't that dangerous anymore though...''

You picked up your daughter, still worried about her getting to close to Raven.

''There's no saying whether a dog that bit once won't bite again.'' Claude says while glaring at Raven, who was shaking from fear.

''The princess's mana is still unstable. It would be dangerous for them to spend too much time together. It would be best if they didn't come in contact for more than 3 or 4 hours a day.'' Lucas says.

''How reassuring. You have no idea how relieved I am that you're here.'' Felix smiles.

''I'll be going now.'' Lucas says.

''Take that thing with you.'' Claude refers to Raven curled up on the couch.

''Mommy, daddy, can't Athy feed Raven? Raven is probably hungry. Please?''

''Umm, honey?'' you asked for Claude's opinion.

Athanasia stares at her father her eyes sparkling in hope.

Claude looking at her seeming unfazed.

''I should chuck it after all.'' Lucas interferes.

''Hmm? What was that, Mr. Magician? You'll feed Raven for Athy? Thank you!'' Athanasia yells back.

''I've changed my mind, get rid of it right now.''

''A, ahhhmm, hng, I can't stop yawning. Athy's sleepy, mommy. I wanna go to sleep.''

''Ah, okay princess.'' you said back.

You, Claude, and Felix start heading out while you're carrying Athanasia.

''Since the princess says she's tired, I'll take my leave as well.'' Lucas says.

''Hng, so sleepy.'' Athanasia says back.

Claude and you enter Athanasia's room, while you tucked her in bed, Claude used his magic to make her fall asleep faster.

''Just get some sleep.'' he says.                            

***********************************************************************************************

After a while of sleeping, Athanasia had woken up from her slumber.

You were sitting on Claude's lap, comforting from the terrors he faced when you abandoned him.

Claude eventually noticed his daughter had woken up.

''It's still early, get some rest you two.'' Claude said. He picked you up bridal style, and placed you in bed next to your daughter. Before he walked away, you grabbed his hand wanting him to join you.

''I'll be here with you, I'm still not ready to let you out of my sight.'' Claude said to you.

Felix came shortly after you both fell asleep, excluding Claude.

''Are they both asleep?''

''Yes.''

''The magician has returned. I've yet to find anything suspicious about him so far, but should I still investigate him a bit further?''

''You can never be too careful. Keep up your guard until I order otherwise.''

''Yes, your majesty.''

Claude and Felix stayed quiet both staring at you and Athanasia's sleeping figures.

''I thought I wouldn't care if they both died or disappeared at some point.'' Claude said.

''Your majesty.''

''If you are about to lecture me again, get out. I'm not in the mood.''

''...blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire.'' Felix said walking out. Leaving Claude alone to think.

***********************************************************************************************
(Claude's POV)

While bearing hatred in my heart.

I have to kill them.

I have to kill them. She abandoned me. And just having this brat look like her isn't helping me either.

But then today passes, and the day after that too.

You betrayed my trust. I was almost done forgetting you, I had almost erased you.

I can never be rid of this hatred until the day I die.

(Quick Flashback)

''CLAUDE STOP IT!'' you yelled.

But I didn't listen to her, if I get rid of this thing Athanasia would get better, right?

I held the creature by it's throat. Not putting any pressure yet. While (y/n), Felix, and the magician were trying to stop me.

''There is a faster way to stabilize the princess's mana using this creature.'' the magician said.

''...''

''Do everything you can to save her. If she dies, you die too.'' I said back.

Before I left I looked back at (y/n) once more. Before walking away.

(Flashback End)

EVERY TIME I SEE THEIR FACE, I BURN WITH A THIRST TO KILL.

But still, I want to keep you in my sight a little while longer.

NO, I WANT TO KILL YOU RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

Still, just a little more...

I clutched my head in pain.

Ah, everything is too much.

''I hate you.''

''I hate you.''

I reached my hand towards both my love and daughter.

''I...''

***********************************************************************************************
(Okay well here's your chapter, again sorry for the long wait, I'm honestly surprised you like this story 0-0 but I guess there's no stopping writing this right? Well thank u for the support, and I'm glad you all are enjoying this. I will update another chapter soon, so don't worry.)

Until the next chapter.

8/16/20