Who made me a princess? Chapter 16

(The Next Day)

It was now the afternoon, you were now pouring your daughter a cup of tea.

''Daddy, daddy.'' Athanasia said.

''I'm so worried about my debutante coming up soon.'' 

''What if I get nervous and make a mistake?''

''You can make mistakes.'' Claude said.

''I'm working hard on the dance, but I'm still worried.''  Athanasia says back.

''What do you have to worry about?'' Claude picks up the cup of tea, you poured just now.

''If you make a mistake, it would be Felix's fault for not taking better care of you.''

''But someone might say mean things about me.'' she said.

''Then that would be the last thing they ever say.'' Claude stated ominously.

You gently placed your hand on Claude's shoulder trying to calm him, which seemed to work on Claude as he soon relaxed.

'Claude may be scary at times, but I'm touched he cares for his daughter.' you thought to yourself.

Claude gently picks your hand still on his shoulder and guided you to sit right beside him and your daughter, in a way of showing he wanted you to stop doing all the work and let someone else do it, but you find it at ease taking care of your family. Claude will get used to it eventually.

''You don't need to think too much about it. Just dance once for the sake of formality, and get out of there.'' Claude said.

Claude takes another sip of his tea, closing his eyes savoring the taste.

''Actually daddy, I was hoping to make my entrance holding your hand that day.'' Athanasia says, her hand close to her mouth in an innocent manner.

You and Claude looked at your daughter interested in what she was going to say next.

''I want to dance the first dance with you too. And I want you to be the first to congratulate me on my debut as a 14-year old.'' your daughter said innocently.

''But daddy...you don't really like those kinds of things, do you? That's why I asked Felix instead, but still...'' she continues on, now looking at both of her hands gripping one another, unhappily.

''I really want to go with you. A debutante is something that happens only once in a lifetime.''

You looked at your daughter surprised she finally asked her father the big question you have both been waiting on, also catching Claude flinch in fact from her comment.

''I shouldn't be so greedy. I'm sure Felix will take care of me well enough.'' your daughter giggles.

''I'll try my best to make both you and mommy proud.''

You smiled relieved, looking at Claude waiting for his answer, since you knew he was hoping for your daughter to ask him for her first dance.

''Hmm. Well, if you really want it that badly.'' Claude sips on his tea eagerly, finishing his cup and placing it down on the table.

''Then it's nothing I can't do.'' he said almost smiling entirely.

''Really?!'' your daughter said excitedly.

''But, I thought you didn't really like those kinds of places, or dancing.'' she mumbled, but he still heard her in fact.

''One dance is not that big of a deal.'' Claude says.

''I heard that girls don't really have their fathers as debutante partners nowadays. People might judge...'' she adds in.

''Don't pay attention to things that don't matter. No one would mock you if they value their lives.''